• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Mortensen: Bryce Young is the pick, they all love Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Same. Hate to see it.

He and John Clayton used to be the kings of insider info.

I know im not as old as you but man those two were pretty much staples of my Middle and High School years where I would turn it on and watch while doing my homework after football practice. 

Still a bit surreal. 

Just now, SteveSmithTD89 said:

I know im not as old as you but man those two were pretty much staples of my Middle and High School years where I would turn it on and watch while doing my homework after football practice. 

Still a bit surreal. 

I remember. Back then Sportscenter was a can't miss thing.

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He single handily lost the bull series with the best hornet team ever.  

Losing in the playoffs sucks.  But, like football, basketball is team sport. 

Hawkins missed the winning shot.  Jordan fouled him, no call.  Now with the scandal and investigations of what has happened in the NBA, its no surprise.

Edited by poundaway

21 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Yep, this happens every draft without a clear number 1. Once April rolls around it becomes obvious who the pick is. Congrats to the Bryce guys

Didn't happen last year until very late. Everyone thought Hutchinson would be the pick right up until the draft. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Htarnation4.0 said:

Agree. It's not a matter of if BY gets hurt, it's a question of when he gets hurt. All guys at that level sustain injuries, but his frame is the issue. I can envision a snowball effect and that would be disaster for this franchise 

For every starter in the NFL. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Didn't happen last year until very late. Everyone thought Hutchinson would be the pick right up until the draft. 

Watching those Vegas odds flip over the last two weeks was wild. Didn’t believe they’d actually do it.

2 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

we gunna feel real stupid if we pass on young due to size and he goes on to be an MVp calibur player

That same argument can apply to any player.

What if we pass on Stroud and then find out the size argument on Young was valid?

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That same argument can apply to any player.

What if we pass on Stroud and then find out the size argument on Young was valid?

Yes it cuts whichever way whoever wants to make it fit their agenda.

All I hope for is we pick the best of the 3. And it might not end up being Young with all his talk of football IQ it could end up AR reaches his ceiling with all his physical intangibles we don't know. But if two or three years from now the consensus is we ended up with the worst or second best of the three it's going to be a major source of talk and folks who were entrenched in one camp or another will end up with egg on their face. Somebody will. Like I said I just hope it isn't us. We deserve good things for all we've been through.

• Beer 1

I really do think Stroud could end up a top 10 or more QB with his accuracy if he's fit to the right staff. It's legit kinda crazy some people don't want that after all these years of inaccurate passers even including Cam who was sometimes streaky.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1