• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton gives a list of QB's he would back up for...

CamWhoaaCam

17 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I blame Rivera--who is still coaching in this league after abusing Cam--maybe that is the only way you can use a player like Newton, but he gave us 8 years of high-quality play and there were times, in my opinion, Rivera could have put on the breaks with him--RR is nothing without Newton and Newton knows it, which is why Rivera's team (Howell) is a bit odd.

I blame Cam for not developing as a passer..

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I just find it funny and curious that he would back up Young or Stroud knowing that one of those 2 will be drafted by the Panthers. I know it's not going to happen since we already signed Dalton, but I would like to believe that he enjoyed playing and being with the Panthers. In honesty, I'm sure he still has the itch to play football but it may not be a bad idea to retire while healthy and invest into other things in the future. 

37 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I just listened to the whole thing, and it wasn't nearly as bad as what Shannon Sharpe or what anyone here has said. 

Cam's should be asking himself:  What is my target audience?

His fans?  Sports media?  NFL GMs and owners?

I suspect many people in the first two groups might enjoy what Cam is doing.

The last group?  Not so much.

If Cam truly wants to be a backup QB in NFL this season, he might want to reevaluate his strategy.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

I just listened to the whole thing, and it wasn't nearly as bad as what Shannon Sharpe or what anyone here has said. 

It wasn't bad in that he cleared up rumors about him not wanting to be a backup.

The problem Shannon and a lot of people have is why give a specific list of QB's you would back up?

He would have been fine just saying I would accept a backup role for any team. That's how you get more teams interested. He basically just shut off half the league by not mentioning other teams.lol

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, rodeo said:

if we draft Young we absolutely 1000% should sign Cam to come in on QB sneaks and goal-line QB draws.

This sounds like one of the worst possible things to do to a rookie #1 overall pick.

Edited by csx