• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

8 hours ago, Varking said:

It’s just in terms of having that dawg, that killer instinct inside of them. It has nothing to do with being better than another player. I don’t think Trevor Lawrence has any dawg in him either but I think he’s going to be good. Go watch MC at Ole Miss. Dude went out of his way to try to stomp on the necks of his opponents, run through them, run over them. He played like he wanted to make them quit. You think there’s any kids in this class like that? 

They’re too nice. 

They just think I'm a passionate player," said Corral, whose helmet was ripped off during the fight. "Especially in that type of game right there and that type of environment. Between those white lines, I'm not going to back down from anything."

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I have watched him get a running start to make deep throws, make throws on his tippy toes, and throw off his back foot a lot. He doesnt have a weak arm, but to say he is on the level of others when its clearly no way effortless for him is just crazy. The proof is right there in the film. 

Oh, you mean like these?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Back to the original single play that seems to have influenced people to think that Young will not be able to perform under center due to his height--the hand off was high--if only he had been shorter....

I think the concern is how far he needs to drop back to see over the OL. I believe most of his snaps will come from shotgun to help with this. Handoffs of course don’t matter except it may tip the defense it’s a running play. At the end of the day we have an intelligent staff that will design an offense to a player’s strengths. Baker for example is a short QB and Rhule/McAdoo wanted to play him in the pocket under center. He goes to McVay and looks much better with play action and roll outs to help him see the field. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

They just think I'm a passionate player," said Corral, whose helmet was ripped off during the fight. "Especially in that type of game right there and that type of environment. Between those white lines, I'm not going to back down from anything."

You're getting blown out and talking poo. Not a good look. They lost 35-3.

I don't care about "keeping it real" in the poo talking and barking. I care about how you respond with your play.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Some beautiful throws on these but damn that Jameson Williams is explosive.  

Its funny thats always my first thought any time I watch 2021 Bryce, Jameson just moves at a different speed than everyone. Him going down in that national title game was brutal.

• Flames 1

22 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I feel like we probably ran as much or more shotgun as anyone when we had Cam. It honestly felt like Cam was what kicked off the mobile QB in the shotgun fad that has swept across the league. The haters don't wanna admit it, but that dude changed the way the QB position is played in the NFL.

He sure did. One of Stroud’s criticism is that he didn’t run enough, really? The guy definitely changed the way the QB position is played and viewed, stating with the concept that now it’s 11 vs 11. Imagine a young man Cam in today’s NFL. 

It still boils down to what translates to the NFL. We can knock Stroud for how he will react to being blitzed but his accuracy footwork and ball placement are major keys that will absolutely translate. Young has adequate arm strength and good accuracy but what the biggest supporters don't want to talk much about is how different his game will have to look in the NFL if he wants to survive a 17 game season for the next 10 plus years. You have to remove some of his wow plays if you want to keep him clean. He's going to have to adapt. If there were a staff capable of doing that this is it.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Just now, frankw said:

It still boils down to what translates to the NFL. We can knock Stroud for how he will react to being blitzed but his accuracy footwork and ball placement are major keys that will absolutely translate. Young has adequate arm strength and good accuracy but what the biggest supporters don't want to talk much about is how different his game will have to look in the NFL if he wants to survive a 17 game season for the next 10 plus years. You have to remove some of his wow plays if you want to keep him clean. He's going to have to adapt. If there were a staff capable of doing that this is it.

Yeah I also think he’d need to kill some plays he made in college earlier and learning when to do that will be a big part of his development. I’d say 3/4 of the stuff he does in the pocket is good, but 1/4 of it he’ll have to learn when it’s not there he needs to sometimes just end it and move on. I just want a guy who has shown a consistent ability to do that, and ideally he learns to do it in the right situations. Personally I haven’t seen someone go from a mediocre improviser to an elite one before and it’s one of my favorite traits. Maybe Aaron Rodgers going from a robot Tedford QB to what he is now would be the one example I can think of.

I think Mccown said it well on his breakdown where Bryce has a negative play trying to play hero ball on second down in the redzone throwing an int. where yes the majority of the time with him it ends net positive but you gotta know it’s second down in the redzone and the game situation. That could be pushed to the majority of his game.

On the alternative whole Bryce’s Ball Placement isn’t on the level of Stroud I do think his accuracy gets downplayed a bit, he throws a very accurate catchable ball that will translate to the NFL imo.

• Beer 1

Honestly, the game that concerns me with Young is this year's LSU game. They really focused on speeding him up and trying to muddy the field in front of him. They brought a lot of pressure up the middle that oftentimes seemed more about just clogging throwing lanes and limiting his ability to climb up in the pocket than actually getting sacks. And it worked. When the field was muddy in front of him it usually produced a poor result. That's what NFL DCs are going to do to him. Sure, you can roll him out to combat that but that's cutting your field in half because he ain't got the arm to throw cross field in the NFL. That's going for six the other way.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, the game that concerns me with Young is this year's LSU game. They really focused on speeding him up and trying to muddy the field in front of him. They brought a lot of pressure up the middle that oftentimes seemed more about just clogging throwing lanes and limiting his ability to climb up in the pocket than actually getting sacks. And it worked. When the field was muddy in front of him it usually produced a poor result. That's what NFL DCs are going to do to him. Sure, you can roll him out to combat that's cutting your field in half because he ain't got the arm to throw cross field in the NFL. That's going for six the other way.

the play at :58 is oof.  He didnt want to run and threw a int

Granted this game is the adverse for the stroud georgia one but there is some complete dog poo qb play in that video.  He is hesitant to run, he has no zip on his passes, he throws way off the mark when pressured and when he did run he doesnt slide.

the play at 3:54 should give people pause as well.  He was scrambing 1v1 against a linebacker and still couldnt get away.  The very next play his size in the pocket really screws him up as it collapses he does some tippy toe throw and it comes out flat.   6:59, 7:11 the exact same thing

There is no way you can watch that video and not say his size was a detriment 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1