• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2: Assessing the Field

Bear Hands

after the talk here last week on BJ, I did some research and agree that he won't be there at 39, looks like a Burns style player who could go in the 20s and early first if he drops.

Earlier this year, LaPorta was being mocked in the laste first, but now the media has moved him down their lists....we'll see what the pros think.  I like him a lot.

I think our second round pick this year is going to be the highest we'll have for a while...I believe that much in our coaching staff.   With that said, if an Edge is available they like at that point, I'd say he would be a priority.  Easier to find CBs in latter parts of the second round in the future.

I'm not in love with the short receivers, but if Frank wants one, I'll trust him.  

Interesting that Campbell worked with Luke...I was hoping we'd take an athletic freak like Sanders or Simpson if we go LB in the second.  Not against a short trade back for an extra third as well.  New coaches will want as many of their picks as soon as possible.  I'd think we could still get great value if we fall back 5 to 8 positions. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

after the talk here last week on BJ, I did some research and agree that he won't be there at 39, looks like a Burns style player who could go in the 20s and early first if he drops.

Earlier this year, LaPorta was being mocked in the laste first, but now the media has moved him down their lists....we'll see what the pros think.  I like him a lot.

I think our second round pick this year is going to be the highest we'll have for a while...I believe that much in our coaching staff.   With that said, if an Edge is available they like at that point, I'd say he would be a priority.  Easier to find CBs in latter parts of the second round in the future.

I'm not in love with the short receivers, but if Frank wants one, I'll trust him.  

Interesting that Campbell worked with Luke...I was hoping we'd take an athletic freak like Sanders or Simpson if we go LB in the second.  Not against a short trade back for an extra third as well.  New coaches will want as many of their picks as soon as possible.  I'd think we could still get great value if we fall back 5 to 8 positions. 

I have a mock brewing and running through scenarios and just haven’t had Simpson get past SEA R2 or Sanders past BUF R1. Big fan of all 3 in their own ways

Seems like EDGE and CB will have the hottest names, but LaPorta is just so damn appealing. 

If we land Bryce, think they could become a really fun duo long term. Just like those two packages together.

Faves are def McDonald, Stevenson and LaPorta at this point. 

• Pie 1

I feel like there’s some real high upside TEs in this class and that LaPorta is not one of them. I sure as hell don’t want him with our 2nd rd pick. Would rather take Zack Kuntz in the 3rd, just hoping he lasts that long. I think Kincaid is first TE off the board in the first round. Wouldn’t mind Musgrave either. 

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I feel like there’s some real high upside TEs in this class and that LaPorta is not one of them. I sure as hell don’t want him with our 2nd rd pick. Would rather take Zack Kuntz in the 3rd, just hoping he lasts that long. I think Kincaid is first TE off the board in the first round. Wouldn’t mind Musgrave either. 

I like the Michigan TE later in the draft, can’t remember his name.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

What do you dislike about LaPorta? His size I’d assume? Which makes some sense. I just think he’s just a lot more fluid on tape than Kuntz, especially after the catch. He’s gonna be a hell of a receiving threat and he shows a lot of upside in the blocking area, and athletic trait wise he’s pretty elite.