• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears close to trading to 2, then to 9 with Carolina moving up to 2: Houston felt comfortable staying at 2 because they are confident Carolina doesn’t take their guy.

Varking

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Nightmare mode: Panthers might really want Richardson/Levis

Dream mode is Richardson.

Nightmare mode is Young - I'd really, really struggle to get behind that pick. 

Settling for the safe pick would be Stroud.

Levis isn't in the conversation. 

• Poo 3

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

LOL imagine betting on the Draft.

Draft night always looks more bizarre than the worst mock draft you've ever seen - the guys in charge of NFL teams play by their own rules.

Imagine getting to know a teams draft board every year and not taking advantage of it

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is a way people misinterpret the variables--  False statement:  "Reich only likes tall QBs."  QBs average about 6-3, and his QBs were about that.  So you take an average commonality and claim that it is a prerequisite.   MOST QBs are as tall as Rivers, Foles, Ryan, Luck, and Wentz.

However, these QBs stand out more due to their intelligence--football IQ--than their height.   Luck and Wentz are two of the top 10 in terms of the Wonderlic.  Ryan and Rivers are no dummies.  Not sure about Foles, but he seems to understand a variety of playbooks pretty well.

Young has that in common with them.  I would put him in that category--would I put CJ in that category?  Probably not.  Richardson?  nope.  Levis?  Negative.

Do we know what Richardson or Stroud scored on the S2 Cognitive test? Nope.

They've both been described as incredibly intelligent (and driven) by their coaches. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

What exactly are you basing this on?

I really would like to see this information that says Stroud and Richardson have rocks for brains.

So you think I said the other QBs have "rocks for brains"?  Not going to start a discussion with someone who makes something up so he can argue against it.  If you heard that from what I wrote, you are already biased and probably not open minded enough to engage in discourse.

There is enough evidence to suggest strongly that Bryce is on another level in terms of his football IQ.  You do not need me to explain that to you, do you? And it does not mean the others are stupid--it means that the same people are not getting the attention for processing and intelligence that Bryce is getting. 

https://www.on3.com/news/nfl-insider-reveals-alabama-qb-bryce-young-had-drafts-highest-score-on-s2-cognitive-test/

Reich: "I remember, a couple years ago at the Heisman Trophy presentation. My wife and I are sitting there watching him. He was so poised as a, I think he was 19 or 20 at the time. This guy, it's not an act; it's like who he is. It's ingrained in him. He's a special guy."..."Highly intelligent, very fast processor, very poised, accurate passer, playmaker," Reich said. "He checks a lot of boxes. No moment's too big for him. Very, very good player. Seems like a great young man. Very impressive."

https://www.panthers.com/news/bryce-young-measures-up-at-scouting-combine

Einstein was smart, but that does not mean everyone else was stupid. I expressed my opinion--Young stands out compared to the other three.  Does that make the others rock heads?  No.  I do not think you are stupid, but your ability to see other perspectives seems to be diminished by your arrogance and desire to confront.  Pity.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

50 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Do we know what Richardson or Stroud scored on the S2 Cognitive test? Nope.

They've both been described as incredibly intelligent (and driven) by their coaches. 

Do you have to know what they scored if the point was Young scored the highest?  When I refer to someone being special, do we really want to discuss who came in second, assuming either did?  "Young had the highest score in the S2 cognitive test among all the quarterbacks at the 2023 NFL Combine."  That sets him apart from the others.  In fact, he was not compared to them, he was compared to Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, and Brock Purdy. 

https://www.on3.com/news/nfl-insider-reveals-alabama-qb-bryce-young-had-drafts-highest-score-on-s2-cognitive-test/

And their coaches are going to be biased--getting players drafted early helps their programs.  I consider a person who graduates from Harvard to be smart, but not when I am talking about Harvard's valedictorian.  The coach that singled out Young's intelligence and processing was not Sabin--it was Reich. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I Remember many CJ guys here pointing to the vegas odds being excited…oh well. Lol 

Trying to explain the point of lines and odds is as futile as trying to get Huddlers to read 3 paragraphs about what an RPO is.

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Do you have to know what they scored if the point was Young scored the highest?  When I refer to someone being special, do we really want to discuss who came in second,

Well yes, of course. If they scored well it absolutely and obviously matters for the comparison.

Edited by csx
  • Pie 2

26 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

To each their own. I add MCT oil to mine on occasion. My coffee looks like motor oil anyway so a little MCT won't make a difference. 

I cringe when I see what people add to their coffee. My biggest gripe is people who add sugar with sweetned syrups. Why add sugar on top of sugar.

I drink it 2 ways. My favorite is black coffee with almond/oat milk. If I want something sweet I just get a doughnut or cinnabon with a black coffee.

How can you enjoy the true taste of coffee if you adding all kinds of sugar and creamer flavor.smh

• Pie 2