• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

And do you think that alone will get him by elite nfl defenders?

The argument has never been that he isnt a good qb,  the argument is will his body hold up across 17+ games for multiple years.

I mean the least sacked qb last year was in the mid 20s and that doesnt factor pressures or qb hits.  The kid is going to take punishment.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/which-qb-has-been-sacked-the-most-in-2022

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The argument has never been that he isnt a good qb,  the argument is will his body hold up across 17+ games for multiple years.

I mean the least sacked qb last year was in the mid 20s and that doesnt factor pressures or qb hits.  The kid is going to take punishment.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/which-qb-has-been-sacked-the-most-in-2022

I'd be really worried for Stroud then.  The data shows bigger QB's get injured MORE.

But you do you.

On 4/11/2023 at 2:38 PM, Matthias said:

You have to ask yourself this question, if Bryce Young is the unmistakably better QB, why are the Texans cool with waiting and taking Stroud?  If Washington could have moved up to take Andrew Luck back in 2012, they would have done that with all their heart and soul.  Carolina would be an absolute fool to not take CJ Stroud.

This is literally the opposite? There are talks of taking Anderson or trading down if Bryce is gone.

• Flames 1

36 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

hard to do a qb sneak from shotgun formation....

Oh yeah...QB sneaks are pretty much out the window now. No way you want this kid laying under the bottom of a pile especially on the goaline and im not even joking. 

Edited by CPF4LIFE

6 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Oh yeah...QB sneaks are pretty much out the window now. No way you want this kid laying under the bottom of a pile especially on the goaline and im not even joking. 

1/3rd of the playbook is out. I think this is smoke because everyone figured out we were taking Stroud too early and the NFL didnt like it. The league wants the pick to be a surprise. 

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

1/3rd of the playbook is out. I think this is smoke because everyone figured out we were taking Stroud too early and the NFL didnt like it. The league wants the pick to be a surprise. 

Now why would the League want our pick to be a surprise when it seemed it was the League that screwed us over in some ways several seasons.

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

What does the league have to do with us taking the best QB?

lol the league can go F themselves! 

Eric4280, I guess the point would be Houston could trade and assure themselves of Young. They are not doing that so far, indicating they don’t value him higher than the #2 pick. If that. 
On the face of it. 
I definitely put stock in the cerebral aspect of the position and the published results seem to show that test is worthwhile and a fairly good indicator of what direction they will head in the pros. 

If Stroud is marginally behind Young (if given that Young scored in a place that places him in elite) that is not a huge concern but yes if he scored down in the 60s then I would drop my evaluation, which is really only that he is clearly the more NFL ready of the two, physically and is good enough at the mental. Feel like he can grow better with experience also. 
I have enough doubt about Stroud as it is that I would not have given DJ and all those picks for either of them. And I admit that I before I looked at Young he was off my list for a reason to trade up to 1 solely because of his size. But when it happened I did see some things that made me decide not to keep him in consideration. 
If we had stayed at 9 and either fell I get it. I could get it if we just happened to earn the 1 and didn’t have to pay triple for it too. Maybe I wouldn’t go that far. There is a lot of risk with both players.

Anyhow I don’t know how to translate this test’s numbers to time, shortest time wins the prize. So say 90 is x amount of time, 60 seems like it is significantly slower. 

If it were 95 to 85 what does that really mean? Detailed answers might include more complex factors than I can’t assess, but for instance there may be tricks of the coaching trade to compensate for 85 as far as setting up your playbook and stuff like that. Everybody that plays a good brand of NFL QB is probably not 97th percentile and up. 

So how slow is too slow? Anyhow, if that is Stroud’s negative I would consider it important, if substantial. 
But to me that would knock both of them out. Stroud is a beautiful passer and has good size but I’d want to put the proper value on the player as Gettleman used to say. 

Edited by stratocatter