• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein on the recent Bryce “smoke”

ncfan

7 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Try reading any poll or the comments section on who should be the pick. And @Tbe is right, the team's not going to want Team Stroud vs Team Young on draft night.

Since you want to act dense I'll put it this way: I haven't seen a single example of a fan being against drafting Stroud and I can't say for the other QBs.

The organization will smoke screen their intentions until the pick is made. They’re waiting on Houston to offer a ransom or they’ll pick their guy.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If thats the case I wonder why we are wasting our in house visits on guys we have no chance of drafting?

there's always a chance the guy we want falls getting out of the shower or they find something gross on his laptop before the draft

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If this was truly a ruse to get the texans to trade (which I dont) then we should have only hosted Young

I dont think so, I think you need to sell it as yeah, we prefer one (Bryce) but we are ok with taking either of them. If you sell it to hard that Bryce is the guy, then if the Texans call about a trade and you are open to it, it would signal to them that you are just trying to get assets. 

I agree though, I dont think its a ruse at all, I think they actually like both and are deciding which.

11 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Hey moron

Ever damn poll has been 50/50 with most of the more recent ones favoring Bryce.

now if you are referring to some poll on a Ohio State board.  Idk,  I don’t check those.

That is what Klein is saying. The Panthers don’t want a torn fan base on draft night and have half that stadium feel disappointed. 

That thinking makes sense to me. Warn people ahead of time so the feels aren’t as raw.

6 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Literally just yesterday 

Touche, but I'm still calling BS on them being mostly 50/50 up to now. Everything I've seen has been more in line with the Huddle polls.

My point stands: CJ is the least controversial pick of the bunch. Saying that as someone who prefers Bryce. Most negative thing I've heard thrown at CJ is that he was surrounded by talent.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Trading with Houston has literally never made a lick of sense

It would make sense if we prefer Young, but are sold on both (which is kind of seems like we are).  Depending on the compensation it could be worth it for us to take the other guy plus the draft capital.

• Beer 3