• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud Film Breakdown Megathread

Ricky Spanish

13 hours ago, Harbingers said:

So let me get this straight if we pick Stroud half the board is going to flip their poo, if we pick Young half the board is going to flip their poo. If we pick neither the servers will melt down. Does that sound about right?

No, because most who want Young will willingly accept Stroud if that is the Panthers brass decides to pick. Many in the Stroud crew will not accept Young if he is the pick. They’ll piss and moan about the pick. They’ll secretly hope he fails. They’ll gloat the first time he’s injured. All so they can be right over their team having a franchise QB. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

No, because most who want Young will willingly accept Stroud if that is the Panthers brass decides to pick. Many in the Stroud crew will not accept Young if he is the pick. They’ll piss and moan about the pick. They’ll secretly hope he fails. They’ll gloat the first time he’s injured. All so they can be right over their team having a franchise QB. 

I am team stroud 100%, then AR and then young but if young is the pick I am on board and not looking back.

I just hope to hell they know what they are doing because this has never been done before

But you probably will have some residual posters (mostly aliases) that will perpetually compare they 2 as they go through their career.  God help the huddle if young gets hurt year 1.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Just like you Young crowd secretly hoping Stroud fails. This is looking like a double edged sword isn't it. The door swings both ways.

3 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Just like you Young crowd secretly hoping Stroud fails. This is looking like a double edged sword isn't it. The door swings both ways.

Not at all. I hope whoever the Panthers select (Young, Stroud, AR, Levis) succeed. If they pick the guy I like (leaning Young but I am inherently biased as a Bama grad), great. If they don’t, that’s also great. I’ll trust the Panthers picked whoever they thought is best for their system, and I’ll hope that man, whoever it is, lives up to the pick. 

• Beer 1

I think Stroud pretty great and would be happy to have him, I just prefer Bryce more. I honestly think I can make an argument to myself on taking any of the three guys I like in Bryce, Stroud, and Richardson. So I feel pretty excited to know i'll more than likely be happy on Draft Day.

• Pie 1

2022 Ohio State full games

Week 1: Notre Dame

Week 2: Arkansas State

Week 3: Toledo

Week 4: Wisconsin

Week 5: Rutgers

Week 6: @Michigan State

Week 7: Bye

Week 8: Iowa

Week 9: @Penn State

Week 10: @Northwestern

Week 11: Indiana

Week 12: @Maryland

Week 13: Michigan

Peach Bowl: Georgia

• Pie 1

It's quiet in here b/c those who support Stroud don't need to defend him as the one's who support Young have/need to. He pushes the ball further down field faster and more accurately than Young, which is the way of the NFL now. That's all that he needs to win the debate. Also, did you see how pumped our entire staff was being around him? That alone speaks volume. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am team stroud 100%, then AR and then young but if young is the pick I am on board and not looking back.

I just hope to hell they know what they are doing because this has never been done before

But you probably will have some residual posters (mostly aliases) that will perpetually compare they 2 as they go through their career.  God help the huddle if young gets hurt year 1.

I mean its the honest truth to me, Young supporters annoy me because they want to ignore glaring things right there in front. Young simply isnt the typical mold that comes in the league and you are taking him number 1 overall. That carries way more weight by default and if he cant hold up like people are concerned then the whole "i told you so" response is justified. Of course any true panther fan doesnt want this but at the same time im not gonna hold back on the team for making the biggest blunder in team history either. Thats it.

12 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I like Stroud and if he becomes a Panther, then awesome.  But his ~40% completion rate under pressure should give pause.

Same can be said for games like the one Young had against LSU. Concerns are there for both. If either had none at all we wouldn't have been able to move up for what we did.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Same can be said for games like the one Young had against LSU. Concerns are there for both. If either had none at all we wouldn't have been able to move up for what we did.

I'm glad we agree that there are concerns about Stroud, as there are for Young. 

Neither of them are going to walk on water.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 2