• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer on Panthers #1 pick (no trade back)

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

You know how long ago flutie magic was and what he had to do just to get another shot...

Since no clear answer, Can i say you have no limits then?

UgHhhhh!!!

So how long did Wilson last and how long did Cam last?

How many SBs for Wilson and how many for Cam?

How many SB rings for Wilson and how many for Cam?

Wilson is still going.  Cam's injuries have decimated his career.

The anecdotes do not support the size bias. 

The analysis does not support the size bias.

He's a smidge shorter than Wilson, does that 1/4 inch mean that he's a dead man walking?  I seriously doubt that.

Did being taller help Corral?  He didn't play a single regular season snap last year. Does our QB have to be taller than Corral to keep healthy?  Doubt it.

At some point its just bias.

I'm with Smitty.  Take the "taller processor", not the taller QB.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

You can like Bryce Young's abilities and be accepting of him as the #1 pick without diving off a cliff defending his size which is going to affect him some way or another in the NFL. The only question is how much. The loudest proponents of his go too far in their defense even folks who might be warming up to him as the pick look at ya'll like you've got problems. You don't have to like the questions he's facing but they aren't going anywhere for a long time. It is what it is.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

they're going to risk their careers with Young you need to build an absolute wall in front of him. Dude does not handle pressure from NFL athletes well AT ALL

That is why he should not be the pick. He is going to get killed. 

• Poo 1

I’m getting to a point where I’m enjoying the tears from the anti-Young crowd. I don’t want to feel that way about a portion of my own team’s fans. Y’all need to get a grip. At the very least, read the threads you’re posting in so you don’t continuously post false info. 

• Flames 4

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

These guys have a poo ton of experience. Let them pick. If they're wrong, fire them. Not like we haven't suffered through plenty of suck before.

If this whole thing flops though, my confidence in Tepper has officially hit absolute zero.

Hence the problem. From the "reports" of the past 48hours its David and Nicole making the call

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

11 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Im not really concerned about this whole size thing... the NFL is literally creating rules where you are not allowed to hit the QB hard. It's changing the mentality of the defensive players now. They are coached not to hit the QB... wild thought right?

There is literally no defensive coach in America that is teaching a player not to hit the qb.   

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hence the problem. From the "reports" of the past 48hours its David and Nicole making the call

If the Teppers don't let the football people make this call the only way they're going to be able to hire people going forward if this flops is to just throw money. No one with other good options is gonna want the jobs.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If the Teppers don't let the football people make this call the only way they're going to be able to hire people going forward if this flops is to just throw money. No one with other good options is gonna want the jobs.

That seems to be his MO at this point, just throw tons of money at whatever the problem is.

I mean thr weight that Tepper has on this decision is only media speculation. I doubt he is in there demanding his prospect, but obviously his interactions or thoughts could have an impact. That's every owner. If we were talking about maybe some prospect that's a 2nd round talent this would be a problem, but it's well known that a lot of the building like Young and he is the consensus number one guy, so I don't think there is that big of an issue here.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is literally no defensive coach in America that is teaching a player not to hit the qb.   

That's not what was said. 

They absolutely are being taught how to hit the QB without getting a penalty.

10 hours ago, frankw said:

You can like Bryce Young's abilities and be accepting of him as the #1 pick without diving off a cliff defending his size which is going to affect him some way or another in the NFL. The only question is how much. The loudest proponents of his go too far in their defense even folks who might be warming up to him as the pick look at ya'll like you've got problems. You don't have to like the questions he's facing but they aren't going anywhere for a long time. It is what it is.

Who has dived off a cliff defending his size? Show me all these posts that don't make sense. 

I think that it's the other way around. People who just don't want him because of his size have gone way overboard in their criticism. They don't want to talk football, and even when they do they're talking out their ass.

Edited by top dawg
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's not what was said. 

They absolutely are being taught how to hit the QB without getting a penalty.

Who has dived off a cliff defending his size? Show me all these posts that don't make sense. 

I think that it's the other way around. People who just don't want him because of his size have gone way overboard in their criticism. They don't want to talk football, and even when they do they're talking out their ass.

Hard to discuss the pros of a prospect when half the conversation has pronounced him dead on arrival.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We both know you are very high on him. I am not surprised you are not seeing it. The way some folks defend his one very real and concerning con you would think he's already played 15 years and is getting his measurements for his gold jacket. I'm good with any of the top 3 QB's they all have questions none are can't miss. If you don't agree that's fine. Appreciate the dialogue.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

We both know you are very high on him. I am not surprised you are not seeing it. The way some folks defend his one very real and concerning con you would think he's already played 15 years and is getting his measurements for his gold jacket. I'm good with any of the top 3 QB's they all have questions none are can't miss. If you don't agree that's fine. Appreciate the dialogue.

In a perfect world, Caleb Williams would be in this draft, but it's this draft. I'm higher on Young than the others, sure, but for me it's pretty simple: Young is the best of this draft based upon his collegiate career. Stroud is the purest passer, but has been highly inconsistent when the pressure comes, so much so that his play notably suffers. AR-15 is raw and the quintessential boom or bust player. Young's tape doesn't show the deficiencies of the other prospects.  I can't get upset if they decide to choose the guy with the best tape, and legitimately deserving of his Heisman trophy, simply because he plays at 190 pounds at 21 years old.  It's a controlled swing for the fences. I'm not going to get upset due to that. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1