• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson “knocked” S2 cognitive test “out of the park”.

DFive

Just now, Riverboat Ron said:

With the 1st overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers select Anthony Richardson QB / Florida.

And across the Carolinas on that warm evening in late April, near and distant pistol shots littered the night air like July 4th fireworks, soon followed by emergency sirens as new widows run crying through the streets....

1 hour ago, stan786 said:

His issues tend to compound for how maddeningly inconsistent his base is pushing his accuracy all over the place and he can’t seem to change ball speeds throwing short.

He and Cam do have shared qualities so I get the comparisons.  I love and loved Cam as a Panther.  But accuracy has to be at the top of the list for #1 overall and that is why I can't see anyone other than Young or possibly Stroud as our pick.  Trading down?  My heart would not be able to take that!

43 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He was wise to get out of that dumpster fire in Gainesville. 

Why stay another year in College if you're not getting the coaching you need? Not to mention the lack of talent around him to showcase his abilities.

I just think he could go transfer portal, but the extra year would benefit him.  To me, the dumpster fire at UF (I agree) should not push him into the NFL before he is ready.  Will the NFL team that picks him have talent?  He will sit for a season, when he could have been playing and gaining experience.  He was in a tough spot, but I am worried that his agent said, "You can get drafted in the first round" and showed him how many zeroes there are in a million.  I dunno.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I just think he could go transfer portal, but the extra year would benefit him.  To me, the dumpster fire at UF (I agree) should not push him into the NFL before he is ready.  Will the NFL team that picks him have talent?  He will sit for a season, when he could have been playing and gaining experience.  He was in a tough spot, but I am worried that his agent said, "You can get drafted in the first round" and showed him how many zeroes there are in a million.  I dunno.

I don't think he'll sit for long - you're right he needs to play and they'll want to get him on the field as soon as possible.

His NFL team might not have elite talent, but they're still NFL calibre players - a massive upgrade from what he was playing with in Gainesville.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

I don't think he'll sit for long - you're right he needs to play and they'll want to get him on the field as soon as possible.

His NFL team might not have elite talent, but they're still NFL calibre players - a massive upgrade from what he was playing with in Gainesville.

I’d argue as well the earlier he gets around a legit NFL QB coach the better, even if it means less game experience. 

In terms of the general decision point though it’s been shown QBs giving the NFL more tape isn’t usually a positive as they’ll have more to nit pick. If you think you are a top 5 pick you should go.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stan786 said:

Willis wasnt even in the same galaxy as him with things like Pocket Presence and Progressing through reads though. I understand why people want to push the comp but I'm just speaking from things I like in a QB and its also a reason I love Bryce.

Willis was an athlete with a great arm in a bad QB class, I get why there was hype people expect the NFL to draft QBs so assuming a few top guys go in the first and then conforming to that assumption boosted him. His tape showed a guy that wilted under pressure both in terms of pocket movement and throwing ability. Richardson had the best pressure to sack ratio in this draft class.

There are plenty of prospects at the top this year to not need a Richardson narrative, and I just think (No Offense just something ive seen a lot) that its a bit lazy to just say Willis and move on when they are really really different.

His pocket presence is the best in the draft.  Elite level

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, DFive said:

According to the article, Bryce Young scored the highest at 93. Interestingly enough, it also mentions Will Levis as scoring high as well. No mention of CJ Stroud or his score or if he even took it. For reference, Brock Purdy scored in the mid 90’s last year. 

So AR's camp releases a vague unsubstantiated rumor.  Surprised this didn't happen earlier. and what exactly does out of the park mean?

14 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

So AR's camp releases a vague unsubstantiated rumor.  Surprised this didn't happen earlier. and what exactly does out of the park mean?

Not really word after the combine was he had the best interviews of any qb and was the best on the whiteboard and one of the more knowledgeable qbs in the draft football wise. 

The s2 score is not a surprise at all, especially if you watch his tape. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Here is what bothers me about AR:

1. He scores well on the S2 (reportedly a home run even though others possibly scored higher).

2.  He flicked the ball 70 yards at the combine.

3. He ran in the 4.4s

4. He completed 53% of his passes at Florida and did not say, "I need another year in college".

5. He has one season as a starting QB in college and did not say, "I need another year in college."

Yes, you could argue that his WRs dropped passes (because that only happens at UF) and you could argue that he is going to be an early first round pick.  Is that because AR is good or because he has the skill set to be good and desperate teams are willing to take extraordinary risks to get a franchise QB?

I think the best advice would have been to stay in school, get 20+ games of experience.  Show the world that the 53% completions in 2022 was a fluke.   Work on your mechanics.  Be the #1 overall pick in 2024. 

With what people are saying about Caleb Williams and Drake Maye right now, it really might have been the best option for him as far as draft position to come out this year. But who knows, so much can happen in a year. Maye and Williams will start getting nitpicked to hell just like everybody else.

• Pie 1