• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign wide receiver Damiere Byrd

Jackie Lee

Can’t complain. He is a vet now, been around some different coaches and QBs, and should be a better version than what was here before. 

And we would have to be exceedingly lucky to be able to draft a WR who could make an impact as a rook, where we will be picking. Because of that, I don’t see it as a high draft priority. Get someone at a different position that can come in and help their first year. Edge, TE maybe? 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

about the same, little slower, but better routes.....typical aged jaggy player.

My view is him at KR or PK...oooo and he lit up the pantgghers either last yr or the year before. 

Hes still a solid 5 type of option. 

He can contribute more as a returner than Andre roberts or Erickson did under the last staff. Those guys were useless as receiver depth. Thomas Brown was a returner so I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted something that could work better for him and Tabor equally. Shi probably shouldn't be back there except injury emergencies, especially punts

3 hours ago, BriceYung9 said:

Seeing how easily he torched us last year and helped keep us out of the playoffs why not give him a flier. He'll if he can play his role and be used situationally he's honestly not a bad WR at all. 

Is this not the same logic that got Chubba drafted? MrsRhule said get him cause he ran all over you? 

Fecesiality aside, I liked Byrd when he was here, showed lots of promise back then, hope he learned a few thing in NE & ATL… show up here, now…