• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich disputing the media label on him

NAS

The media said SF traded up to take Mac Jones till draft night they took the guy they really wanted. 

Could be either of the two QBs I'm sure no one outside the org really has a clue and the Panthers are enjoying the publicly of having everyone talk about them everyday guessing.

Edited by NCBlu
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

The media said SF traded up to take Mac Jones till draft night they took the guy they really wanted. 

It’s also come out since then.  That the HC was the one who wanted Mac Jones while the GM wanted Lance.  And there was a battle over that which one they take.

Difference between that and now.  Our GM and owner and several others in the decision making process like the guy who seems to be leading per everyone.  And the HC is torn but reported that he is more of a consensus guy.

The good news if they take Young is; we'll be looking for a new QB within a couple of years anyway. I lived through 3 years of Rhule. I can live through a few midget years as well.

Although, at my age, I'm not sure how many more of these "Next few years" I have left. 

There is one Silver lining in all this. With all the running around the little guy has to do to find a lane. The games will be longer. Who can be mad at more Panther football?

• Flames 1
  • Poo 4

16 hours ago, Shocker said:

At the very end there he says…”I was using reverse psychology there”

Reverse psychology is a persuasion tactic that involves advocating for a behavior that is different than the desired outcome. In other words, you say the opposite of what you want.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Yes but was saying it's reverse psychology the reverse psychology?

6 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

It’s Stroud. Always has been.

Idk about “always has been”. Even when we traded up no reporter could say with 100% certainty that we moved for Stroud. It was always worded as saying we liked a couple of guys or that people “believed” that Stroud was the guy. 

Stroud could very well be the pick and that’s fine, but as more time has passed it seems to me that people jumping on Stroud after the trade had more to do with the belief of what Reich’s prototypical QB is vs people being 100% certain that he’s the guy. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Green said:

The good news if they take Young is; we'll be looking for a new QB within a couple of years anyway. I lived through 3 years of Rhule. I can live through a few midget years as well.

Although, at my age, I'm not sure how many more of these "Next few years" I have left. 

There is one Silver lining in all this. With all the running around the little guy has to do to find a lane. The games will be longer. Who can be mad at more Panther football?

Actually 

The better news is.  If we take him, it may clean this message board up a bit.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Hopefully the size cowards will repent and stick around for years of success Bryce will bless upon this team.

Oh they won’t.  They’ll create a new account and never show face again or disappear.

Nothing

We saw a lot of this same stuff when we were looking to draft “another undersized DE with a Spin move from FSU”.  And we were “dumb for not taking Andre Dillard”

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Idk about “always has been”. Even when we traded up no reporter could say with 100% certainty that we moved for Stroud. It was always worded as saying we liked a couple of guys or that people “believed” that Stroud was the guy. 

Stroud could very well be the pick and that’s fine, but as more time has passed it seems to me that people jumping on Stroud after the trade had more to do with the belief of what Reich’s prototypical QB is vs people being 100% certain that he’s the guy. 

Guess we will see. I’m fine either way. 

• Pie 2