• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Klein: strong probability Panthers trade out of #39

TheSpecialJuan

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You can't enter the draft with 4-6 needs and think you are going to meet them.  You are going to meet 2, maybe 3 needs.  The Panthers simply have to determine what needs are realistically met at 39 and 93.  I would say that there is more likelihood that we package 93 and 114 to move up to about 80 or so than to trade back and meet 4-5 needs.

In my view as of today (it changes), I would say the following:

1. QB

39. Edge

93. CB

I think they can take a flyer on a G at 114, but I just don't see the WR value anywhere in this draft.  I think the are going to roll with what we have, hoping better OL and QB play will improve Marshall, Shenault, etc.

If they take a G at 39, he is a starter and they are determined to protect the QB (probably Young).  Then they would move up to take a serviceable Edge and call it a day.

I like this.  Just wish we could squeeze a TE in there somewhere.

34 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Hmmm maybe I’m in the minority but I think we should trade up for a receiver 

good time to pair the rookie QB with one and also it takes time for a wr to develop generally speaking

i suppose we bought a year with what we got in FA but I would not be mad trading future picks or current picks to move up

nah

I'd take a trade down if it meant picking up a high 3rd rounder. Having that big gap between our high 2nd and very low 3rd kinda sucks. Our high 3rd from thos year was traded away for Corrall last draft 😆 

I'm not really willing to go down more rhan 10 spots in r2 though

46 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Hmmm maybe I’m in the minority but I think we should trade up for a receiver 

good time to pair the rookie QB with one and also it takes time for a wr to develop generally speaking

i suppose we bought a year with what we got in FA but I would not be mad trading future picks or current picks to move up

We're already missing our original R3, R6, and R7 picks this year, R1 pick in 2024 and R2 pick in 2025, I think last thing we need is trading away more draft capital.

If we really want a WR in the draft we have both R2 picks this year and next year to do that. If they can't find a good WR outside of R1 they need better talent evaluators 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 2

I wouldn't want to get multiple late rounders but the type of move that would seem worth it is with a team like DET or GB who have mid-3rds to package with a slight trade down in R2.  There's a nice tier in R2 that's fringe 1st rounder grades (at least for me) that drops right around 50.  So if we feel we get a guy with the same value in a trade down, do it, but not for stuff like late 4ths and beyond.  

Getting an extra pick before 93 without dropping too for would be my ultimate objective if I'm Fit.  Maintain a mid-2nd or above, gain a 3rd.  

Puts us more in range for some guys that could really help us on both sides of the ball.

Felix EDGE, Benton IDL, Scott WR, Mingo WR, Charbonnet RB, LaPorta  TE, Henley LB, Dorian Williams LB, Spears RB, etc. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 2

36 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You can't enter the draft with 4-6 needs and think you are going to meet them.

But then Fitt will trade back to get more mid to late round picks and claim they're just as good as the second rounder was. This way he can draft bodies for those needs and some people will probably praise him for it like they did his first draft.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, chknwing said:

I rather have 2 dimes than 4 pennies

Yeah, I don't want to see a repeat of the 2021 draft where we attempt to "get our draft picks back" and then end up with what appears to be trending towards one of the worst drafts we have ever had as a franchise 

If you want to pickup another third and make a modest move down in the second, I am fine with that. But don't overthink it if there is someone on the board that has a good chance of becoming a starting player.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I don't want to see a repeat of the 2021 draft where we attempt to "get our draft picks back" and then end up with what appears to be trending towards one of the worst drafts we have ever had as a franchise 

If you want to pickup another third and make a modest move down in the second, I am fine with that. But don't overthink it if there is someone on the board that has a good chance of becoming a starting player.

Fitt magic

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Fitt magic

I still give him a pass because he was an assistant GM at the time and Rhule was the final say. However, he is on thin ice now that he has complete control. My tolerance for fuging up drafts is very small because of our recent history that he had some part of.

• Pie 1