• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How the Top QB's performed when faced with pressure..

18 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

QBR is a stat based metric that doesn’t isolate the QBs play. 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-profile-c-j-stroud-ohio-state

10 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Thank you for your input

Wwe Live Thumbs Up GIF

Running out of arguments perhaps? Have a beer on me

Nah.  We're just tired of your crap.  The Stroud Boys and size queens are going to go on attacking Young, probably even after we draft him.  Unlike you, I'm not against the other QB, Stroud, he's just not as good a prospect as Young and it would be a shame to pass on  what many feel is superior talent to take the #2 because you think bigger QB's get hurt less, when they actually get hurt more.

The Panthers will pick someone soon and I hope the huddle rallys behind the pick.

10 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

QBR is a stat based metric that doesn’t isolate the QBs play. 

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-profile-c-j-stroud-ohio-state

The georgia game tape in that article still just gives me hope the panthers brass make the right choice.  So fuging smooth, so fuging clean.  If Cam had that footwork there is no telling how many superbowls we would have here

Edited by mrcompletely11

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Nah.  We're just tired of your crap.  The Stroud Boys and size queens are going to go on attacking Young, probably even after we draft him.  Unlike you, I'm not against the other QB, Stroud, he's just not as good a prospect as Young and it would be a shame to pass on  what many feel is superior talent to take the #2 because you think bigger QB's get hurt less, when they actually get hurt more.

The Panthers will pick someone soon and I hope the huddle rallys behind the pick.

Lol you think your OPINION is fact that's your problem..I can't help you want Bryce to do to you what your username says

9 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Lol you think your OPINION is fact that's your problem..I can't help you want Bryce to do to you what your username says

"His only negative is that most of the other quarterbacks in this draft stand head and shoulders above him (literally) from a stature standpoint. He measured in just a fraction over 5-foot-10 in height, and though he got to 204 pounds in weight by the NFL Combine, his playing weight is as likely to be below 190 than it is above it. That combination of size is virtually unprecedented for a top-tier NFL quarterback, and that level of outlier may terrify teams at the top of the draft. We have no proof that Young’s size will ever be a detriment to his fortunes at the next level, but the lack of uncertainty is concerning."

"Stroud’s biggest weakness has been play under pressure — outside of his college playoff game against Georgia this season. His PFF grade from a clean pocket this season finished at 93.4 but dropped to 42.0 when he was pressured. His 10.3 yards per attempt from a clean pocket became 5.7 when under duress, and he ranked in just the 10th percentile in PFF grade under pressure. The game against Georgia showed that he has it in him to excel in those circumstances, but the rest of his college tape shows he hasn’t been able to do it consistently."

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-biggest-pro-con-top-qb-prospects

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

"His only negative is that most of the other quarterbacks in this draft stand head and shoulders above him (literally) from a stature standpoint. He measured in just a fraction over 5-foot-10 in height, and though he got to 204 pounds in weight by the NFL Combine, his playing weight is as likely to be below 190 than it is above it. That combination of size is virtually unprecedented for a top-tier NFL quarterback, and that level of outlier may terrify teams at the top of the draft. We have no proof that Young’s size will ever be a detriment to his fortunes at the next level, but the lack of uncertainty is concerning."

"Stroud’s biggest weakness has been play under pressure — outside of his college playoff game against Georgia this season. His PFF grade from a clean pocket this season finished at 93.4 but dropped to 42.0 when he was pressured. His 10.3 yards per attempt from a clean pocket became 5.7 when under duress, and he ranked in just the 10th percentile in PFF grade under pressure. The game against Georgia showed that he has it in him to excel in those circumstances, but the rest of his college tape shows he hasn’t been able to do it consistently."

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-biggest-pro-con-top-qb-prospects

10th percentile in PFF grade under pressure.

90% of QB's performed better under pressure last year.

29 minutes ago, poundaway said:

10th percentile in PFF grade under pressure.

90% of QB's performed better under pressure last year.

And this is a very fair criticism from the pro Young crowd. He is very inconsistent in this area. Can he improve? Was the Georgia game a glimpse of the future? If no, I understand people being very hesitant. If you think it represents what he will be, then it is also very understandable you are very high on him.

I don’t know if Young can be expected to improve his height, that would be stretch to say the least (purely added this sentence for that joke).

Well I guess they all suck.

Bryce is smaller than a pecker.

CJ cries for his mom when under pressure.

Will is a neanderthal.

AR has completed just 8 passes since junior high.

As long as we remember these 4 things, we can't be disappointed on draft day. Once we draft one, just switch his to best QB ever!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The georgia game tape in that article still just gives me hope the panthers brass make the right choice.  So fuging smooth, so fuging clean.  If Cam had that footwork there is no telling how many superbowls we would have here

Still zero. NFL hated Cam for playing the game the way he did. They wouldn't have let it happen. 

14 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Well I guess they all suck.

Bryce is smaller than a pecker.

CJ cries for his mom when under pressure.

Will is a neanderthal.

AR has completed just 8 passes since junior high.

As long as we remember these 4 things, we can't be disappointed on draft day. Once we draft one, just switch his to best QB ever!

So what you're saying is to feel better we just need to go out and get a Hooker? 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I don’t like QBR either but it’s better than PFF, PFF is straight trash. Only good for looking up concrete stats that aren’t subject to their “interpretation”. 

All franchises now use PFF. Just saying. If it was "straight trash," the NFL probably would forego it as a tool.

• Pie 1

Realistically with as much as some folks talk down on Stroud he will need to be mid at best or an outright bust to justify the slander. Regardless these two will have their careers connected for the next several years. Good luck to both.

Edited by frankw
  • Flames 1