• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Henderson and Keith Taylor in Evero’s defense

Wundrbread33

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Brents visited nearly every NFL team---Not sure about the others.  He is tall-they like that.

Yup and it’s easy to see why—not necessarily height but it’s his length and athleticism. His length of crazy even for a 6’3 198 guy.  And when he’s flashed in school, he’s shown elite upside. Hard to pass on that IMO.

He’s easily my fave DB after Banks/Porter.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Ok, read it.  Here is what I know, which is very generic and limited--anxious to read people with more knowledge.

The 3-4 will feature a lot of zone in cover 2 and 4.  I think zone suits Henderson, but Taylor's cushion last year would have been a par 4 on a golf course.

That is all.

I foresee Chinn and Rowe eating in this scheme! As to the OP's question, I've been onboard with CB & Edge at 39 and 93 since we traded up. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

After Gonzalez & Witherspoon, it's hard to see Banks or Porter falling far. 

So at 39, we're talking:

Kelee Ringo, Julius Brents, Tyrique Stevenson, Cam Smith, DJ Turner

I think Ringo & Brents translate and are my fave candidates.  (Big Brents fan)  Smith & Stevenson may not be as ready, Turner is like Forbes/a bit on the light side so could get pushed around.  

Brents and Porter have visited. Porter is my favorite CB , but he likely goes before 39. If he's there...take him! His dad is a perennial probowler and a coach, so his football IQ has to be high, plus he's big and physical, which I like. 

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

They say he should be ready to go by August, but those Achilles injuries take a year to fully recover.

Yea and they still arent like acl tears yet I don't think.  Used to acl tears were bad bad news, now players return pretty much 100% of all their previous physical capabilities.   Im not sure achilles are thar way just yet.  Especially for such an undersized guy whose entire game was based on speed.   CB is definitely high on the list.  Evero's scheme relies on secondary.  Thats where all your money is spent.   The linebackers and dlineman are more plug and play in this system. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

CB is definitely high on the list.  Evero's scheme relies on secondary.  Thats where all your money is spent.

The more I read this thread, the more I think, 39 has to be for a CB.  Serviceable edge players could be there at 93.  Do not put it past Fitmagic to move back in round 2 and up in round 3--he is crazy that way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Taylor's cushion last year would have been a par 4 on a golf course.

Nice. I think we have several need positions and I go back and forth over prioritizing them so I hope we stay flexible and take the best available TE, WR, CB, Edge. At least one of those positions will have a first round talent drop to early second. Take that guy.