• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does being a heisman QB guarantee success in the pros..

Just now, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

why have so many heisman QB's not had success at the pro level? 

That's from the OP...again if you don't want to contribute

Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin

And let me look to make sure...NOPE I didn't include any if this drafts names in the op either..seems like you're just reaching for whatever you can

Lol, we all know what you’re getting at come on don’t be ridiculous. My contribution is that you are asking dumb questions to try to make a point about the only Heisman winning QB being debated for the #1 pick right now. Sorry you don’t like my contribution. Feel free to stop making dumb threads with dumb titles and thinly veiled agendas.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, WUnderhill said:

Lol, we all know what you’re getting at come on don’t be ridiculous. My contribution is that you are asking dumb questions to try to make a point about the only Heisman winning QB being debated for the #1 pick right now. Sorry you don’t like my contribution. Feel free to stop making dumb threads with dumb titles and thinly veiled agendas.

Or you know you could just keep scrolling like I said..nobody is making you click on the thread and type.

Just now, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Or you know you could just keep scrolling like I said..nobody is making you click on the thread and type.

And nobody is making you create it. Just lol at making this stupid click bait thread title then clutching your pearls when it gets pointed out.

• Poo 1

A lot of people are heroes on high school or college and never move beyond that. Some of them get trophies for it.

Some people see even greater success afterwards.

That's just how the world works and the trophies we've won become less important the further we go in life. 

• Pie 1

so what are you hoping to do here?

sit down and think about this....

do you really think it's important for us to all join you in your quest to crown CJ as king? 

did you actually know that 1) it's ok that people don't agree with you that stroud is the only option and 2) we don't actually decide who is drafted?

i get it...this is your passion...this is your reason for being at the moment, but do yourself a favor and give it a rest because you're really just wasting your time.

adorable chasing tail GIF

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

Kyler has found success...

Please show me. I agree cam and Lamar both have mvp's and Burrow has been the the superbowl. But Kyler...

He was over 100 TDs to 41 INTs with a completion % of 66.8 was OROTY and has already been to several Pro Bowls in 4 years.  16052 total yards and 107 TDs in 57 games. He also received a new contract after his rookie one.  I'm not saying he has lived up to his potential, but he was definitely shown success as a starting QB in the league.  Just look at how bad the NFC QBs are.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dazn.com/en-US/news/amp/american-football/top-10-recent-heisman-winning-quarterbacks-where-does-joe-burrow-land/8io3d5vs3qgx1s2ayt97lqwkt

10. Johnny Manziel

9. Sam Bradford 

8. Robert Griffin III

7. Marcus Mariota

6. James Winston

5. Baker Mayfield

4. Kyle Murray

3. Joe Burrow

2. Lamar Jackson 

1. Cam Newton

While Newton, Jackson and Burrow have had some success a lot of these QB's leave a lot to be desired which leads to the question..why have so many heisman QB's not had success at the pro level? 

it's changed in the last few years. Prior to 2010, usually they don't pan out in the pros. Dorsey won a heisman, Vinny won a heisman, hell look at the running backs.

Heisman doesn't mean sh-t to me, especially since over the last several years it's tended to go to the more athletic quarterback types who are great in college but hit or miss in the NFL.

The thing with Young though is he's not the world's greatest athlete. He's smart, processes quickly, has good accuracy and is overall just what you would want in a quarterback.

The durability question is the only thing.

2 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dazn.com/en-US/news/amp/american-football/top-10-recent-heisman-winning-quarterbacks-where-does-joe-burrow-land/8io3d5vs3qgx1s2ayt97lqwkt

10. Johnny Manziel

9. Sam Bradford 

8. Robert Griffin III

7. Marcus Mariota

6. James Winston

5. Baker Mayfield

4. Kyle Murray

3. Joe Burrow

2. Lamar Jackson 

1. Cam Newton

While Newton, Jackson and Burrow have had some success a lot of these QB's leave a lot to be desired which leads to the question..why have so many heisman QB's not had success at the pro level? 

Pretty much the opposite