• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tom Pelissero compares quarterbacks

Mr. Scot

23 minutes ago, t96 said:

We take Bryce, Stroud goes to Indy at 4, AR to Seahawks at 5 and then I think the Pats are gonna trade up with the Raiders by giving away Mac Jones + more and then take Levis at 7.

Doesn't really make sense for the Raiders. Signed Jimmy G, no reason to have Mac as a backup. Drafting a rookie to sit behind Jimmy makes more sense if they want to add a QB. I could see LV actually moving up or sitting pat for a QB. 

As far as Hooker, I wouldn't take him in round one. Offensive system seemed very college-flukey and he is going to be 26 in the fall.

48 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

Doesn't really make sense for the Raiders. Signed Jimmy G, no reason to have Mac as a backup. Drafting a rookie to sit behind Jimmy makes more sense if they want to add a QB. I could see LV actually moving up or sitting pat for a QB. 

As far as Hooker, I wouldn't take him in round one. Offensive system seemed very college-flukey and he is going to be 26 in the fall.

Mac is a guy McDaniels has already had success with and he could use a bit of a reset and some further development sitting behind Jimmy G for a year or 2 and a good insurance option for when (not if) Jimmy G gets hurt. He's not much older than Levis and is younger than Hooker. Plus there have already been reports that the Raiders could be interested in Mac. They'd get draft picks too. 

Just a prediction, probably won't happen but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, t96 said:

Mac is a guy McDaniels has already had success with and he could use a bit of a reset and some further development sitting behind Jimmy G for a year or 2 and a good insurance option for when (not if) Jimmy G gets hurt. He's not much older than Levis and is younger than Hooker. Plus there have already been reports that the Raiders could be interested in Mac. They'd get draft picks too. 

Just a prediction, probably won't happen but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

All fair points. I'll come back and pie for sure if it hits!

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, t96 said:

We take Bryce, Stroud goes to Indy at 4, AR to Seahawks at 5 and then I think the Pats are gonna trade up with the Raiders by giving away Mac Jones + more and then take Levis at 7.

I posted this in another thread. The Patriots seem to always see what they like and go for that particular player.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/04/20/sports/patriots-had-kentucky-quarterback-will-levis-predraft-visit-whats-up-with-that/?et_rid=1325586788&s_campaign=

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523