• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hall of Famer Bill Parcells on Bryce Young's Size: 'He Better Walk on Water'

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Public service. Getting us SB ready, not set back on an experiment with the smallest instead of experimenting with the biggest.

I have more time to poke holes in fanboy theory these days...

top gun deal with it GIF

Talk to Steve Smith.

576719BF-48E0-42D9-A68E-420CDBD22CA8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Where are you seeing the stat he has the best release throwing the football in this class and speed of getting the ball out of his hands? One of the things he is praised for is not giving up on plays and hanging onto the ball while scrambling looking for something to open up. Which is great in college, for his running speed, but we will see how well that translates to doing that against NFL defenders. 

It’s not really a stat in traditional sense. But scouts have long been discussing his quick progressions, throwing mechanics, and decision making. Most QB guys I’ve seen scout him talk about the mechanics as being really strong. If he holds the ball too long that will have to be coached out of him if possible. Honestly there’s a lot about Bryce that will be trial and error to see if it translates, but nobody is questioning his football brain. To me, that’s a really strong base. I think Stroud has one as well despite the testing stuff, but it hasn’t been touted at the same level as Bryce. I think both will be good players but Bryce has special potential that’s almost intangible. 

On 4/21/2023 at 11:51 PM, TheCasillas said:

Actually JT o’Sullivan talks about that in his most recent video and praises it. If you think he is doing that “to look over the line” … then you are falling for misinformation.

here is another great video that discusses his footwork in detail as well 

So how do you feel about the same podcast dudes CJ vid?

4 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Here are some serious concerns on Bryce Young and will need some serious fixing.

Fantastic video.

It's no coincidence that all the footage is from the LSU, Georgia and Texas games either - teams that field multiple NFL level athletes on defence. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Beer 3

5 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Here are some serious concerns on Bryce Young and will need some serious fixing.

This is what folks were trying to say about the combine stuff. He wasn’t going to test anywhere near as well as the others. He is coming into the NFL and he doesn’t have a great arm, or great speed, and a lot of his creative plays in college required him to run away from guys who didn’t have NFL speed or his line was blocking for him all day. Things he won’t get here. 

And while he has elite PRE SNAP reads, post snap he misreads the speed of defenders and he panicked in the pocket during these games here. And while LSU and Georgia have NFL caliber players on defense I wouldn’t agree that Texas has many. And he was all over the place with his accuracy at times here. It was like watching a smaller, slower, weaker armed Anthony Richardson. I have warmed up to Bryce being our pick but folks here are attempting to sweep things like this under the rug and claim he has no issues throwing to the middle of the field and he doesn’t go through these bouts of inaccuracy but here it is on tape for folks to see. 

And that is ignoring the weight issue. 

• Beer 4

1 hour ago, Varking said:

This is what folks were trying to say about the combine stuff. He wasn’t going to test anywhere near as well as the others. He is coming into the NFL and he doesn’t have a great arm, or great speed, and a lot of his creative plays in college required him to run away from guys who didn’t have NFL speed or his line was blocking for him all day. Things he won’t get here. 

And while he has elite PRE SNAP reads, post snap he misreads the speed of defenders and he panicked in the pocket during these games here. And while LSU and Georgia have NFL caliber players on defense I wouldn’t agree that Texas has many. And he was all over the place with his accuracy at times here. It was like watching a smaller, slower, weaker armed Anthony Richardson. I have warmed up to Bryce being our pick but folks here are attempting to sweep things like this under the rug and claim he has no issues throwing to the middle of the field and he doesn’t go through these bouts of inaccuracy but here it is on tape for folks to see. 

And that is ignoring the weight issue. 

I am not trying to be derisive, but I am going to ascribe way more validity to the brain trust that constitutes our highly experienced coaching staff than opinions of message board members, or even the decidedly dogmatic opinion of a crotchety old coach of a now bygone era of football. 

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I am not trying to be derisive, but I am going to ascribe way more validity to the brain trust that constitutes our highly experienced coaching staff than opinions of message board members, or even the decidedly dogmatic opinion of a crotchety old coach of a now bygone era of football. 

That’s fine. I’m just talking about his tape. I wasn’t commenting on his quote in that reply you are quoting. Just his tape where he doesn’t look like the type of guy scoring 98 on an S2 because his reaction times were very poor.