• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Visits Other Than QB

chknwing

27 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Charlie Jones seems pretty legit, would love to draft him in the 3rd or so.

Charlie is my undervalued player I like this year. Great hands and concentration.  Kick returner.  Just something about him. Reminds me of Cotchery. 

And also look out for us getting a OLB in the draft and getting a guy like Bumper Pool as an UDFA.  In Eviros scheme he took a dude off the street and got him to 150+ tackles.    

• Pie 2

Wanted the Barber brothers in the 1997 draft and I want the Brown brothers in the 2023 draft. I didn't get what I wanted in 1997 and likely am not going to get what I want in 2023.

I'm sure the Brown brothers will also go on to be SB champion brothers.

If you don't know who I'm talking about, then...

and

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Wanted the Barber brothers in the 1997 draft and I want the Brown brothers in the 2023 draft. I didn't get what I wanted in 1997 and likely am not going to get what I want in 2023.

I'm sure the Brown brothers will also go on to be SB champion brothers.

If you don't know who I'm talking about, then...

and

Chase is a track star playing RB. That's not a backhanded compliment. It's just a compliment. 

Sydney is easily one of my favorite Safeties in this class.  I actually didn't know they were brothers. We could end up with Chase. 

I’m super curious to see how many Corners go in the first round because if one that’s high on our board slips to 39, I’d kinda like that to be the pick. 

Evero’s scheme seems to rely heavily on the secondary which is why there’s been such investment into the safety spots this off-season so if we could land a corner to play opposite Jaycee that’d probably be ideal. 

I want another EDGE too but idk I just feel like another corner would get us right. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Unless we trade back, pick 39 is likely to be one of the following:

34           B.J. Ojulari      Defensive End      LSU
47           Steve Avila      Center / Guard     TCU
51           Julius Brents^      Cornerback      Kansas State
54           Drew Sanders      Linebacker      Arkansas

I'd tend agree.  Also, depending on what we think of the CBs, DJ Turner could be in the mix.  The guy simply has the skills.  Could still pack on a few more to get to be upper 180s w/his frame.  

There are two others that I think are getting pretty overlooked: Adebawore & Tuli Tuipulotu.  Both check a lot of boxes and are really interesting builds.  They could honestly play everything from 3 tech to standing at the edge.  Probably 3-4 DE most of the time, but they're very versatile dudes that bring a lot of quickness and power.  Very overlooked during this build up.  

On 4/22/2023 at 2:54 PM, chknwing said:

mock based purely  off of visits

1.Bryce Young QB Alabama

39.B.J. Ojulari DE LSU

93.Zach Evans RB Ole Miss

114. Jonathan Mingo WR Ole Miss

132. Charles Jones WR Purdue

145. Chandler Zavala OG NC State

Throw in Bumper Pool as a UDFA, and you've got on hellova draft.

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

Throw in Bumper Pool as a UDFA, and you've got on hellova draft.

He'll get drafted.  I seriously doubt he falls all the way out of the draft.  Granted he's a late day 3 prospect, but dude is a baller who has good production, those guys usually don't go undrafted.  If we trade back and get a 6th or 7th rounder, he's a guy to look out for.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:

I’m super curious to see how many Corners go in the first round because if one that’s high on our board slips to 39, I’d kinda like that to be the pick. 

Evero’s scheme seems to rely heavily on the secondary which is why there’s been such investment into the safety spots this off-season so if we could land a corner to play opposite Jaycee that’d probably be ideal. 

I want another EDGE too but idk I just feel like another corner would get us right. 

yeah, so my thing is that this team with a rookie QB is logically in a two off-season window before you really plan on trying to make a real serious run. You can also scheme up pass rush whereas you can’t just hide an awful corner.

With the Jackson injury, CB is every bit the need that edge is and I’d like to see them mine the talent there rather than hope yet another high second round edge player is the dude

like drew sanders though

Edited by Growl

On 4/22/2023 at 3:46 PM, rayzor said:

There is an RB that they like a lot who isn't  on that list, but he'll likely  be gone so it won't  really matter. 

I keep hearing Mingo brought  up a lot too. I mean a lot. 

Mingo is this year's internet king of the draft build-up.  Nearly every fan base is mocking him to their own squad R2-3.  Doesn't mean we don't have a shot...but he's also visited so many teams.  I think he's at like 21 of the 32.  He's gotten a lot of free meals so nicely done.  

But when a player has that many visits, it's could be indicative there's something team's are trying to verify, maybe weird personality they're wanting to assess, just a lot of possibilities.  The Athletic had a great thing about how a good portion of these visits result in the team crossing the guys name off the list after they leave the facility.  They're extended interviews, and some of the guys we may covet the most, may not have any tie/connection via visits or meetings from the outside looking in.

That's where a guy like Tuli Tuipulotu, Kelee Ringo or DJ Turner could swoop in and surprise as the R2 pick.