• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PETER KING: Bryce Young will be the pick

TheSpecialJuan

12 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

RB has become a position of short term production. Good teams don’t spend high draft picks on a low return position in terms of career longevity, 2nd contract price increase and replaceability.

Yep. Draft 'em, let someone else pay them their second contract. IMO you should be drafting a mid-late round RV at least every other season. It's a churn and burn position. If you have an elite athlete kid who wants to play football, make sure he isn't playing RB.

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

That’s fine he’s the pick, I just wish it wasn’t leaked this soon. I would have liked to be surprised on draft night. 

Well, there's always the chance that the team does something crazy right before the draft and switches at the last minute.

Nothing is certain until the card is turned in. 

As confident as I am that it will be Young, there's going to be this little speck of anxiety over " will they change their mind at the mast minute?"

• Pie 3

Just now, rayzor said:

Well, there's always the chance that the team does something crazy right before the draft and switches at the last minute.

Nothing is certain until the card is turned in. 

As confident as I am that it will be Young, there's going to be this little speck of anxiety over " will they change their mind at the mast minute?"

True or houston could offer the farm for the pick. 

• Pie 1

This isn’t really a great 1st round. More forgiveable to swing at one of the few elite talents in Robinson than it may normally be, especially since it will probably help them be competitive this season.

on the plus side, it will keep them competitive this season and probably in QB purgatory unless Ridder does what he statistically isn’t likely to do.

13 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

I think that's the most King has typed "Carolina" or "Panthers" in a single monday morning piece in at least six years.

Was he the one who go butt hurt when cam declined an interview with him because King talked poo about cam in the past?

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, The Lobo said:

That’s fine he’s the pick, I just wish it wasn’t leaked this soon. I would have liked to be surprised on draft night. 

Sure, some people won't be surprised now. But the flip side of that coin is if it's left a surprise, half the fanbase is going to be disappointed. I'm okay with leaking it (telegraphing it , bat-signaling it, whatever degree of transparency the FO goes with) now so deniers have at 4 days to cope and at least accept it by Thursday night, so we don't have a bunch of whiners in here bringing everyone down.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

So was it 7 or 15" ? The drama is killing us!

A 7.5" turd and reported only took two wipes to get clean.  His agent attributes it to a healthy diet of leafy greens and soy milk he bought Trader Joe's last Wednesday at 5:34pm.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Beer 1