• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN lays off employees, with more cuts to come

ladypanther

1 hour ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Hopefully it’s making another season of Bluey so I can stop watching the same 3 seasons with my kid.

I think this could be the most universally agreed with post in Huddle history.  

I'm probably beginning to recite Bluey episodes in my sleep.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

ESPN has been garbage for over a decade.  I would not even care if they ceased to exist because is stopped watching that channel over a decade ago. I have it blocked on my streaming package just to cut down on the channels I have to skip over. Good riddance.

Now that they have the NHL, or at least part of it, I have actually turned ESPN on for a few hours.  Otherwise, I'd thrown in the towel on them a decade or so ago.

And they suck at NHL coverage,  too.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Yeah cuz Disney doesn’t make enough money yet 

Speaking of Disney I heard on the radio today that Disney World might be coming to North Carolina. Nothing final but it's being considered as a real possibility.

My guess is somewhere out West with a lot of land would probably be the location. Asheville makes sense.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Speaking of Disney I heard on the radio today that Disney World might be coming to North Carolina. Nothing final but it's being considered as a real possibility.

My guess is somewhere out West with a lot of land would probably be the location. Asheville makes sense.

That would be nice…hope it happens

• Pie 1

I have noticed ESPN spends a lot of time talking NBA and not just at playoff time.  First take is 80% NBA or it seems that way.  I usually turn it immediately 

They definitely play favorites like Lebron and the Lakers or Dallas Cowboys.  It annoys me personally 

Edited by Shocker

9 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I have noticed ESPN spends a lot of time talking NBA and not just at playoff time.  First take is 80% NBA or it seems that way.  I usually turn it immediately 

They definitely play favorites like Lebron and the Lakers or Dallas Cowboys.  It annoys me personally 

Probably more than 80% and it’s year-round. You’re more likely to see a 10-minute report in August on someone in LeBron’s camp mad at someone in the Lakers’ FO than a report on an NFL player. 

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

It's NBA playoffs to be fair. They usually discuss the NFL during the NFL season and playoffs.

They would lose viewers if they only discussed one sport.