• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Thielen OTA press conference...

therealmjl

Wasn't expecting to take much out of this, but listening to him talk about Terrace Marshall has me pumped.

We've all seen the potential...the potential that Matt Rhule literally threw a wet towel over. This is could be a huge year for him.

Starting around the 10:50 mark

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 6

Yeah, good to hear a guy with Thielen's experience talking up TMJ. Really hoping he makes a leap with better coaching and (hopefully) better QB play along with more opportunity. I honestly think our relatively conservative approach at WR this off-season might signal that they new staff sees significant potential in our current young WRs to develop.

18 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Having a veteran WR like Thielen to mentor younger WRs also makes me think they are drafting a WR with their 2nd round pick or maybe even trading up into the 1st to get one. 

Idk I think while our WR group isn't stacked right now it is at least a competitive group. We desperately need another pass rusher and athletic talent at LB. 

Thanks for posting this, @therealmjl.  I listened to Reich's, saw this but didn't listen thinking there would be nothing groundshaking.  I'll give it a listen.

I'm taking a blank slate approach to most of our roster, particularly younger guys.  I have no idea whether they will be good or not, but I am certain we were never going to find out while The Process was here.  Reich and company more or less a reset for them.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Thanks for posting this, @therealmjl.  I listened to Reich's, saw this but didn't listen thinking there would be nothing groundshaking.  I'll give it a listen.

I'm taking a blank slate approach to most of our roster, particularly younger guys.  I have no idea whether they will be good or not, but I am certain we were never going to find out while The Process was here.  Reich and company more or less a reset for them.

Vonn Bell’s is also worth a listen. Two proven veteran leaders added in free agency on both sides of the ball.

Good times. 

• Pie 1

I was curious the difference between Thielen and DJ.

40 time- Thielen:4.45  DJ:4.56
Height: Thielen:6' 2" DJ:5' 11"
Weight: Thielen:200 DJ:215

PFF Thielen: 65.0,  74.6,   87.4,  75.9, 89.4
PFF DJ:        73.9,  76.9,    79.1,  82.2, 71.8

Last season's stats:

Thielen: 70/103 for 716 yds, 6 TDs
DJ:         63/109 for 888 yds 7 TDs

Obviously they are two different receivers with very different QB, competition and team situations.  Thielen is 32 and had a relatively down year last year, we're hoping he hasn't lost his production due to age.   Preseason last year PFF ranked Thielen 19th and Moore 25th in the WR rankings.   It was a good pick up in a attempt to bandage a terrible loss.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I think the timing is perfect for TMJ!! With getting a new staff, the playbook levels the playing field  as it connects to learning with a group. When you mix in the fact we are bringing in a new QB and they are going to want to simplify  the offense for all parties involved and ease into  Training  Camp... PERFECT STORM!

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

I was curious the difference between Thielen and DJ.

40 time- Thielen:4.45  DJ:4.56
Height: Thielen:6' 2" DJ:5' 11"
Weight: Thielen:200 DJ:215

PFF Thielen: 65.0,  74.6,   87.4,  75.9, 89.4
PFF DJ:        73.9,  76.9,    79.1,  82.2, 71.8

Last season's stats:

Thielen: 70/103 for 716 yds, 6 TDs
DJ:         63/109 for 888 yds 7 TDs

Obviously they are two different receivers with very different QB, competition and team situations.  Thielen is 32 and had a relatively down year last year, we're hoping he hasn't lost his production due to age.   Preseason last year PFF ranked Thielen 19th and Moore 25th in the WR rankings.   It was a good pick up in a attempt to bandage a terrible loss.

Good stuff. I think Thielen is past his point of being an elite outside WR but will excel in the slot which is huge for a young QB and makes him a great pickup. I can see him getting 1000 yards 10+ TDs honestly. But he's not really going to be a guy teams gameplan for, that's what we're missing on offense is one of those guys. Maybe Sanders could be it but I think that's unlikely. None of our WRs or TEs come close. For now we'll hope for great coaching and QB play to outweigh not having that stud offensive skill player that other teams have to account for every snap. Whether it's a WR or TE doesn't really matter

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Good stuff. I think Thielen is past his point of being an elite outside WR but will excel in the slot which is huge for a young QB and makes him a great pickup. I can see him getting 1000 yards 10+ TDs honestly. But he's not really going to be a guy teams gameplan for, that's what we're missing on offense is one of those guys. Maybe Sanders could be it but I think that's unlikely. None of our WRs or TEs come close. For now we'll hope for great coaching and QB play to outweigh not having that stud offensive skill player that other teams have to account for every snap. Whether it's a WR or TE doesn't really matter

Yeah we still don't have a tier 1 WR and though Hurst has more production than Thomas and Tremble, its not hard to beat ~150 yards in a 17 game season.

There have been flashes from Thielen, TMJ, Chark, Shenault, Byrd, Hurst and even Smith.  Hopefully our HC, OC and new QB can bring more out of them.

42 minutes ago, t96 said:

I feel like Young to Thielen is going to remind us a lot of Newton to Olsen. He'll be that security blanket the QB can always go to and know he'll be a safe outlet in any situation.

• Pie 1