• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Anthony Richardson was Panthers QB #2

TheSpecialJuan

3 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Originally, I was all about staying at 9, taking a WR, and then hoping Hooker fell to us in the 2nd round.

Looks like he'll go somewhere in the first round though, if you can look past his knee and age, I think he's a great prospect, and his age concerns me more than the knee, ACL's aren't as big of a deal these days, but being 4 years older than most rookies is a lot for a QB.

Aren’t you one of the people not wanting Young because of he could get hurt but liked a 26 year old prospect coming off a torn ACL? I know draft capital is miles apart but come on 

22 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah, it just didn't get reported I think partly because it didn't fit the media narrative that this was a race between Young and Stroud and the Panthers were sending out very mixed messages. What we were hearing and what the Panthers were showing was very different. There's still a few interesting things that have been mentioned that wasn't reported as well, but not quite as newsworthy.

For example the meeting with a certain TE that I and many others want didn't exactly go well. And apparently there's another member to the brain trust walking around the halls of Mint St. That no one has mentioned. 

Jim Caldwell?  He definitely is involved with these decisions 

15 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

To add to that, I still don't think this is a front office and coaching staff pick. 

You “Tepper is meddling” people to chill. If Tepper meddles as you think then we would have traded up for Herbert, drafted Fields, not traded for Darnold. 
All that happened because Tepper let the football people do what they wanted. 
I think the same applies here. Tepper for sure has someone he wants but he will default to the football minds. 
TLDR: Tepper has and never did meddle. But considering some of the decisions Rhule and co made. Maybe he should have. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Aren’t you one of the people not wanting Young because of he could get hurt but liked a 26 year old prospect coming off a torn ACL? I know draft capital is miles apart but come on 

Torn ACL's don't really scare me much anymore, not with today's surgical technology, they're far from the concern they were even just 10 years ago.  I'm much less concerned about Hooker having constant knee problems due to the ACL than I am about Young's frame holding up over a long career.

He's also 25, which yes, I don't like that at all for drafting a QB, but if we were able to get him in the 2nd round while keeping the rest of the capital, I'd have liked that situation more than everything we gave up to draft a QB that scares the living hell out of me in regards to being able to stay healthy.

45 minutes ago, rayzor said:

And apparently there's another member to the brain trust walking around the halls of Mint St. That no one has mentioned. 

Well we know Adrian Wilson is on board now as well as the special forces guy whose name I've forgotten. Haven't seen anybody really mention either of them much.

Mind you, the offseason tends to be when changes like that get made but sometimes they're not announced until after the draft.

I honestly can't recall hearing too many news items of that sort this year though (other than the ones mentioned). Typically Neil Stratton reports on those things and I haven't seen much out of him this year.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well we know Adrian Wilson is on board now as well as the special forces guy whose name I've forgotten. Haven't seen anybody really mention either of them much.

Mind you, the offseason tends to be when changes like that get made but sometimes they're not announced until after the draft.

I honestly can't recall hearing too many news items of that sort this year though (other than the ones mentioned). Typically Neil Stratton reports on those things and I haven't seen much out of him this year.

It's one that hasn't been mentioned at all, but I'm not sure why.

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It's one that hasn't been mentioned at all, but I'm not sure why.

You heard a name or is it just "somebody" right now?

As to why, might not be official yet.

I know I've personally been hoping they'd somehow steal Lake Dawson from the Bills or maybe Trent Kirchner from the Seahawks.

Hell, Jon Robinson is still a "free agent" if I remember correctly. And of course there's always Kevin Colbert 😆

Edited by Mr. Scot