• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OK Draft Pick Value Gurus....

chknwing

I was hoping we’d trade up around where the Bills did with Kincaid still on the board. Now I’m hoping any pick now could be a trade up for Mayer. I don’t know any defensive guys worth trading up for but I wouldn’t be surprised there either. Mayer is still my preference. Lotta people thought he’d be gone by the middle of the first. 

I'm really suprised they didn't trade up with all the talent that fell from 20 to 31 

The board is a lot more barren now after that late run. 

Best available for me now are probably BJ Ojulari, Michael Mayer, Jonathan Mingo/Jalen Hyatt, Steve Avila/Ocyrus Torrence, Drew Sanders

I'd personally roll with BJ, Mayer will be gone quick. 

Panthers could very easily get a OG or a CB purely on injury concerns at those positions. 

I think not trading up for any WRs showed they're not particularly worried about drafting one high.  I think they trust the dudes they picked up in free agency and the 2nd round pick is most likely to be defensive 

Edited by Hoenheim

3 hours ago, chknwing said:

what pick in the first round does carolina have logical ammunition to move up to

The Jags pick at 27 would have likely cost us the 2nd (#39), 3rd (#93), and one of the 4ths assuming even value.

Note that there was a LOT of trades tonight for essentially even value. Depending on the chart you use the Pats moved down (14 ->17) and LOST value!

The lack of good trade downs leaves me pessimistic about Fitty's chances of trading down from #39 for decent value tomorrow night.

6 hours ago, Evil Hurney said:

The Jags pick at 27 would have likely cost us the 2nd (#39), 3rd (#93), and one of the 4ths assuming even value.

Note that there was a LOT of trades tonight for essentially even value. Depending on the chart you use the Pats moved down (14 ->17) and LOST value!

The lack of good trade downs leaves me pessimistic about Fitty's chances of trading down from #39 for decent value tomorrow night.

Not many first round graded players in this draft.  I'd say most teams will have 14-15 players in this draft with 1st round value. Think that's why there was so many trades 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Not many first round graded players in this draft.  I'd say most teams will have 14-15 players in this draft with 1st round value. Think that's why there was so many trades 

This is what I have heard as well. Seems like it isn't a bad draft, just not a ton of top end talent. Seems to be way more 2nd round graded guys than years past, so there's plenty of value to be had tonight. I would love to see us trade back into the low to mid 40s, recoup another 3rd rounder and or potential picks next year as well.