• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How I See Round 2.

pantherj

I'd like to see the Panthers take one of the following defensive players @ #39 should they not trade out from it:

• BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
  • Keion White, DE, Georgia Tech
  • Tuli Tuipulotu, DL, USC
  • Byron Young, DL, Alabama

There's a big drop to #93 and I'd like to see them take a pass rusher or defensive linemen before they're gone. I think there's enough depth at other positions of need like LB + CB that there will still be quality talent that could at least contribute on special teams and rotate in during their rookie year when they finally get to pick again tonight.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, pantherj said:

BJ is the target imo. Derek Hall is not a target at 39 as a think that would be a reach. Panthers are not interested in Drew Sanders they want a bigger OLB and he is a tweener, between ILB and OLB situatuional. It's BJ or none of those edge guys. BJ is 20 pounds heavier than Sanders keep in mind.

I don't think we do CB this high because it's not seen as a major need by Fitt imo. Sam thing with o-line, not this high but later.

TE will be the trade bait for us to trade down. We're not taking a TE this high imo. We already have a good veteran TE who will not be displaced, and two veteran backups. Trade bait imo.

WR is highly likely to be taken at 39 or after a trade down imo. I want Jalin Hyatt, but I think the Panthers think he's risky for a lot of reasons. I'd take Hyatt, but the Panthers were sniffing around Mingo. I think they want to trade down and take  Jonathan Mingo.

Brain branch is the wildcard. I don't know what our DC will think if Brain is there at 39 because I don't know how he likes to play his 3-4.

Some have mentioned Trenton Simpson. No. He's too similar to Jeremy Chinn.

Round 2 what the Panthers will do:

BJ, or if he's gone trade down with TE as bait. Pick up WR Mingo.

What I would do. BJ or trade down and get WR Hyatt.

Why do you think Hyatt is risky?... inquiring minds.

6 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'd like to see the Panthers take one of the following defensive players @ #39 should they not trade out from it:

• BJ Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
  • Keion White, DE, Georgia Tech
  • Tuli Tuipulotu, DL, USC
  • Byron Young, DL, Alabama

There's a big drop to #93 and I'd like to see them take a pass rusher or defensive linemen before they're gone. I think there's enough depth at other positions of need like LB + CB that there will still be quality talent that could at least contribute on special teams and rotate in during their rookie year when they finally get to pick again tonight.

Is Byron Young from Alabama or UT??

9 minutes ago, 3838 said:

He’s not physical and doesn’t do well when having to contest for a catch, and while his speed is his greatest asset, he also takes some time to accelerate and get up to that speed.

And most of all, to me at least - So, so many of his big plays are where he’s WIDE open and not a defender within 5 yards, not because he’s some ridiculous route runner but because he gets essentially free releases so often because of the scheme they run in Tennessee. I think he’ll have a really hard time against physical corners. He just makes me think of guys like Mecole Hardman and Ted Ginn - he’s a threat to take the top off, but that’s really it

Edited by Coheed
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

I love how huge/strong Darnell Washington is, he could be a dominant run blocker if he wants.

I'd get Washington for extra protection for Young... TE with the blocking ability of an OT. 

Still got Brents at corner, who we're pretty high on. Sanders who we met with... 

Or BPA... Idunno how you pass on Meyer or Hyatt is they're available. I'm thinking we trade back. That said, Edge is still a need. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Coheed said:

He’s not physical and doesn’t do well when having to contest for a catch, and while his speed is his greatest asset, he also takes some time to accelerate and get up to that speed.

And most of all, to me at least - So, so many of his big plays are where he’s WIDE open and not a defender within 5 yards, not because he’s some ridiculous route runner but because he gets essentially free releases so often because of the scheme they run in Tennessee. I think he’ll have a really hard time against physical corners. He just makes me think of guys like Mecole Hardman and Ted Ginn - he’s a threat to take the top off, but that’s really it

Maybe. But it's been awhile since we've had a deep vertical threat. With his speed everything else can be coached up imho.

9 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I'd get Washington for extra protection for Young... TE with the blocking ability of an OT. 

Still got Brents at corner, who we're pretty high on. Sanders who we met with... 

Or BPA... Idunno how you pass on Meyer or Hyatt is they're available. I'm thinking we trade back. That said, Edge is still a need. 

Yeah Meyer seems like the best all around 

32 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Is Byron Young from Alabama or UT??

There's a Byron Young from TN that is an edge rusher and a Byron Young from Bama that's a defensive lineman.

The one from Bama I thought had an impressive athletic skillset at the combine that could play DE/DT.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

30 minutes ago, 3838 said:

I like Hyatt and I would take him at the 39th pick, but I think the Panthers think he is risky. I think the scouts are worried because he didn't do much his freshman and sophomore years, and only his junior year did he make a splash. That means less tape to evaluate him, which I think might make the scouts think he's risky. Also we know he can run vertical routes and get open. That is not in question. But we need him to run slants especially, and crossing stuff, and what all can he do? And against big NFL DBs. Well I think it might be harder to evaluate him for the scouts, so that is why I think the Panthers think there is more risk. I like him. Give him an end around, let him use his speed. Hell let him return punts and kick offs. Send him on vertical routes to teams from moving their defense up to stop our running game.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Coheed said:

This is a perfect breakdown and the reason Tenn skill players are dropping..

• Pie 1