• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 4 - The Carolina Panthers Select Chandler Zavala - G - North Carolina State

rodeo

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

the best O-line we have had in years.

That's not saying as much as you think considering how bad the line has been.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Christensen should remain a starter whether right or left side

Let them compete. If the rookie is the better player, he should start. Same if Christensen is the better player.

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

JMO but BC is better suited at T than at G. He did an adequate job at LG but I think his playing there was more about Rhule saving face after the ridiculous “arms length” discussions. I’m not saying Zavala or anyone else should be immediately inserted at LG but it’s all about putting players in the best position to help the team as opposed to the “square peg, round hole” way we typically do things here.

Don’t count out Cade Mays - dude showed a lot of good things last year.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he wins that LG job outright.  

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

Don’t count out Cade Mays - dude showed a lot of good things last year.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he wins that LG job outright.  

Absolutely not! Mays is a baller - we’re fortunate to get two potential starting calibers G the past two drafts. The future of the OL is bright!

• Pie 2

I’m also curious to see if Deonte Brown had a further here. He had a decent college career and actually played okay his rookie year. I really think Rhule’s micromanaging adversely affected the development of some of these young OL, which is sad considering that was supposed to be his area of expertise. Very excited for tots direction if this team under Reich and this staff.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Love this pick!   We needed IOL depth/fringe starter and that's what we got.  Is it weird I'm more excited with the day 3 picks than the day 2 picks?

Day 3 was better then day 2 it’s not just you who feels that way.

• Pie 2

https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/#

Reading tea leaves here:  After watching the call to Zavala video, based on the comments of several people (Tepper, Reich, etc) in the war room (about playing beside Icky again), I cannot help but think the hope/plan is to start him at LG.  Of course there will be a competition, but the absence of T depth is noticeable, and Christensen was the "weak link" on the OL last year.  His superior athleticism is sorta wasted at LG.  He had a 56 PFF score (from memory) which is not good or elite--it is around average or slightly below it.  I think BC helps this team more by playing #2 LG and swing OT--and it seems like that is the plan, despite what they said about the USFL etc.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Of course there will be a competition, but the absence of T depth is noticeable, and Christensen was the "weak link" on the OL last year.  His superior athleticism is sorta wasted at LG.  He had a 56 PFF score (from memory) which is not good or elite--it is around average or slightly below it.  I think BC helps this team more by playing #2 LG and swing OT--and it seems like that is the plan, despite what they said about the USFL etc.

If the guys coming off our bench are average, we are in a great place.  🙂

• Pie 3

22 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Does make me wonder though, if NCSU's oline was this good a couple of years ago, why was their run game one of the worst in the ACC?

Tim Beck, OC. 

Second the fewest rushing attempts in the conference. Not a sound approach when you have a good defense and offensive line 

Edited by csx
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I like the pick and with Corbett not likely to be ready for week 1, think he could start for us to open the year.

But weird clip to use for a tweet that is meant to compliment him, that is a clear and blatant hold lol

5 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I like the pick and with Corbett not likely to be ready for week 1, think he could start for us to open the year.

But weird clip to use for a tweet that is meant to compliment him, that is a clear and blatant hold lol

He's inside the shoulders and the rusher didn't beat him.  Holding normally gets called when the hands are outside and the lineman is beat. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1