• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 4 - The Carolina Panthers Select Chandler Zavala - G - North Carolina State

rodeo

4 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I don’t mind if every year  they make Campen happy with a Olinemen pick..

Injuries happen frequently to O.L. Players like every other position. We were really fortunate last year to keep everyone healthy until the last game. The last thing a rookie quarterback needs to worry about is a a weak offensive lineman. 

• Pie 2

This was consistently one of the guys I had been picking in mock drafts. He's extremely good and incredible value getting him this late in the draft. 

I think him and Cade Mays could easily sub in for Corbett and Christensen if they arent 100 percent by game 1. Now we have extremely good depth at OG.

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Good video. I could see this guy stepping into the LG spot fairly early, freeing up Christiansen to play SwingT.

Zavala seems to be a great choice but lets not start replacing players for the best O-line we have had in years.  Christensen should remain a starter whether right or left side.  Corbett is down for a while so I could see Christensen moving to the right while he heals.  Unless Zavala comes in and absolutely blows Christensen out of the line up.  I don't see him replacing him any time soon.

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Zavala seems to be a great choice but lets not start replacing players for the best O-line we have had in years.  Christensen should remain a starter whether right or left side.  Corbett is down for a while so I could see Christensen moving to the right while he heals.  Unless Zavala comes in and absolutely blows Christensen out of the line up.  I don't see him replacing him any time soon.

I'm not suggesting he will. I'm saying it wouldn't surprise me if he does. I could see it. I could also see him just being a solid backup for years. I hope for the former. Again, realistically imagining someone surpassing expectations isn't the same as predicting it. Especially given that Zavala is a more natural guard than Christiansen.

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I don't think it's that far fetched. Christensen was ok but wasn't drafted by current HC or OL coach. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The day three presser Reich made a comment basically saying what I said.

I'm not suggesting that he will become a starter quickly but I'd think by next year it's a decent chance. Campen clearly likes him.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The day three presser Reich made a comment basically saying what I said.

49 minutes ago, csx said:

I don't think it's that far fetched. Christensen was ok but wasn't drafted by current HC or OL coach. 

JMO but BC is better suited at T than at G. He did an adequate job at LG but I think his playing there was more about Rhule saving face after the ridiculous “arms length” discussions. I’m not saying Zavala or anyone else should be immediately inserted at LG but it’s all about putting players in the best position to help the team as opposed to the “square peg, round hole” way we typically do things here.

• Pie 2