• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So What Exactly Are We Doing on 3rd and 1, 4th and 1, and Goal Line Situations?

Hoenheim

Hurst was tied for 3rd for 1st down receptions on 3rd and less than 3

Sanders was tied for 7th in rushing first downs.

I don't assume the roster is close to set at RB

Edited by csx

19 hours ago, Varking said:

Folks… that guy is already on our roster. 
Laviska Shenault

6’1 and 227 pounds and has experience running the rock. 

I'm interested in how they're going to use LS this season. I think he has a lot more potential than just a gadget guy.

21 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I also agree acting like only big RB’s are able to get tough yards is hilarious and really not a thing at all

Exactly. I’d almost rather have a little bowling ball back there behind the line to punch it in but back-versatility keeps the defense from selling out.

Eagles’ goal line package seemed to always use Gainwell or Scott. They are both like 200lbs and didn’t seem to have much trouble. Chiefs liked to sub in McKinnon at the goal line - their smaller pass catching guy. Seems like a good staff w a decent line can figure out how to get it done.

17 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

We lost multiple games because he couldn’t rush for a yard. 

Weak OL play.  Jerome Bettis wasn't getting a first when the whole stadium knows it was going to CMC and our weak OL was facing a good defensive front. 

I think 1 yard is about OL play. 

you commit to the idea of going for it on 4th down on 3rd down so you don't end up 4th and inches. but in reality, if you want to do what is popular in the league right now you just get your longest armed ball carrier to push it over the top. everybody knows it's coming but it's impossible nearly to stop. telegraphing that isn't a concern. you just follow who gets the best push between the C, LG, and RG and two hand it over the top. this is why you draft chandler zavala, not why you don't draft bryce young. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 4/30/2023 at 9:49 AM, ickmule said:

don’t worry, Bryce will push it right up the middle   

And people think this staff is legit. Lol. 

Yeh, you’re right. Tepper should bring back Rhule and his college friends.

People who actually know football are very impressed with our staff.

I went back and looked at Sanders from Penn State up until now. 

He's more physical than I previously gave him credit for. He's also more of weapon in the redzone than I imagined. 

That man has some power with him. I was sleep. 

Also, he probably signed here under the assumption that we'd use him in our scheme similar to how Philly used him his rookie year. Basically a faster but slighty less shifty version of McCaffrey with less touches. 

I do think he's better than Foreman after getting up to speed and it's not even close imo. 

Redzone weapons: TMJ, Chark, Hurst, Mingo

Short Yardage: Sanders... and if it doesnt work... throw Shenault or Mingo back there. Hell, line up Cade. 

1 minute ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I went back and looked at Sanders from Penn State up until now. 

He's more physical than I previously gave him credit for. He's also more of weapon in the redzone than I imagined. 

That man has some power with him. I was sleep. 

Also, he probably signed here under the assumption that we'd use him in our scheme similar to how Philly used him his rookie year. Basically a faster but slighty less shifty version of McCaffrey with less touches. 

I do think he's better than Foreman after getting up to speed and it's not even close imo. 

Redzone weapons: TMJ, Chark, Hurst, Mingo

Short Yardage: Sanders... and if it doesnt work... throw Shenault or Mingo back there. Hell, line up Cade. 

Shenault would be so much better as a change of pace back. Especially short yardage stuff.

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Shenault would be so much better as a change of pace back. Especially short yardage stuff.

I agree, and in theory you want as many play makers on the field as possible. I'm figuring he'll be 4th-5th on the depth chart at WR w/ maybe 10 snaps a game.  

Or make him a change of pace back also and give him more opportunity. My gut says this won't happen. BUT the saving grace to the equation is our haul new offensive coaches. And with the attention and acclaim they've been getting since being assembled I'm expecting ALOT of creativity. Atleast alot compared to the Baylor staff. 

On 4/30/2023 at 9:47 AM, Hoenheim said:

No Foreman, no power back, no Cam auto conversions anymore,  a new skinny 5 10 QB. 

Seems like a problem. Any of you have ideas? 

Go watch Cam Peoples highlights and you'll see why he was a priority UDFA. 6'1 220, runs like he's 230. Had 95 yards in one half against Miami (with Manny Diaz), over 100 against Texas A&M, and I believe over 100 against UNC.

Go watch the Texas A&M game if you want to see those 3rd and 3 to 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 conversions. 

If he can stay healthy, he should be the option.

• Pie 1