• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stole one with Leota

Panthero

25 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

As for my point about defensive stats being unofficial and each individual viewing plays differently.

Leota was given credit for one sack in Auburn’s game against Georgia State on 09/25/2021.

Now watch the video below from 18 seconds to 35 seconds.

Maybe the quality control coaches (usually grad assistants that input statistics) thought the first play was a QB draw but it’s clearly a sack. That would give Leota two sacks on the day when he was credited for only one.

PFF’s numbers of 13 sacks in 18 games are much closer to the actual numbers than the numbers you posted.

So where are these PFF numbers that you claim are legit. Post them or the link. And they are the only ones? First it was the AU athletic dept was right. Now they aren’t. Just you claiming he had many more than he actually did. I didn’t need stats to know 13 was way too high for his time at AU just from watching all his snaps. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, CPantherKing said:

Astronomical odds for the roster being 25% undrafted players? 1 of 4 players undrafted. Those odds are not astronomical. UDFAs replace failed draft picks more than most believe they do - every year.

Thielen would disagree with you.

You really can't read, can you?

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I literally posted PFF’s numbers dude, and ffs you can use Google too if you’d like. Listed below, PFF has Leota’s stats right down to his snaps.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/Eku-Leota/82363/draft-profile

I also said Auburn’s athletic department shows Leota played 13 games in 2021 just like PFF shows (your link showed 12 games played). I said nothing about their stats being accurate.

As I stated previously, college defensive stats are done by members of the coaching staff, usually grad assistants, so they are subjective. However, I also presented one case in where Auburn’s staff got it wrong, he was credited with one sack against Georgia State when he clearly had two.

I’ve even found more sacks that weren’t recorded correctly in the brief three minutes that I watched the below video. Leota was not credited with a sack against Mercer. In reality, from the 1:20 mark to the 1:38 mark he recorded two against Mercer, one on a fumbled snap and the other on a play that the grad assistant probably thought that the QB made it back to the LOS.

So I’ve found three sacks for Leota that weren’t recorded, that’s already bumped up your number of 9 to 12.

I know you have a hard on for being right all the time because all I see you do here is argue but you are so wrong here that it’s not even funny.

Nothing you can say will make you right as I’ve literally provided visual evidence. So like always you will try to weasel your way out of this one or you won’t reply at all.

THe thing I noticed is not about sacks--that is a stat to me that is highly unreliable because a good NT and good secondary coverage can send the QB right into your lap.  I look for how well he gets off the LOS and how long it takes him to get to the point where the QB is supposed to be throwing the pass.  I look at how well he holds the edge--

Evero values an edge rusher who can hold the point/edge while rushing the QB. At least that is what he told Johnson, who is expected to play the strong OLB.  The strong OLB basically plays 2 gap on the edge while the weak OLB is rushing the QB with his ears bent back, not really worrying about holding the point.  The reason?  There is a nickel or S on that side to contain, along with a CB--which is why the 3-4 CBs are usually in zone and not man/bump and run etc.  They have outside run responsibility. 

I am not sure how YGM will do as the Strong OLB, but I think Johnson and Leota have the skillset Evero covets.  Obviously, I could be wrong, but this team had Leota in for a visit and I am sure that he signed with the Panthers with confidence that he has a chance to make this roster.  I honestly can say, after watching a few videos of Leota, that he could be a rotational or backup strong Edge.  Even if YGM plays the position this year, I doubt he is re-signed.  I think they will shop him and try to trade him (YGM). 

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I literally posted PFF’s numbers dude, and ffs you can use Google too if you’d like. Listed below, PFF has Leota’s stats right down to his snaps.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/Eku-Leota/82363/draft-profile

I also said Auburn’s athletic department shows Leota played 13 games in 2021 just like PFF shows (your link showed 12 games played). I said nothing about their stats being accurate.

As I stated previously, college defensive stats are done by members of the coaching staff, usually grad assistants, so they are subjective. However, I also presented one case in where Auburn’s staff got it wrong, he was credited with one sack against Georgia State when he clearly had two.

I’ve even found more sacks that weren’t recorded correctly in the brief three minutes that I watched the below video. Leota was not credited with a sack against Mercer. In reality, from the 1:20 mark to the 1:38 mark he recorded two against Mercer, one on a fumbled snap and the other on a play that the grad assistant probably thought that the QB made it back to the LOS.

So I’ve found three sacks for Leota that weren’t recorded, that’s already bumped up your number of 9 to 12.

I know you have a hard on for being right all the time because all I see you do here is argue but you are so wrong here that it’s not even funny.

Nothing you can say will make you right as I’ve literally provided visual evidence. So like always you will try to weasel your way out of this one or you won’t reply at all.

I have PFF premium and can back you up:

13 games played in 2021, 9 sacks, 6 hits, 19 hurries

5 games played in 2022, 4 sacks, 4 hits, 10 hurries

That's 13 sacks in his last 18 games.  You can actually call it 13 in his last 17 as week 1 in 2021 he didn't land one:

image.thumb.png.524dbbbb984d5eb032c44ac98fccbe19.png

image.thumb.png.bc52a5a3b317e806143db156201b0a40.png

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Another offseason, another list of UDFA's that the Huddle gets way too excited over.

Dang dude. You really are something. Heaven forbid fans get excited. Does it make you feel better telling others how to fan? Or is it just some superiority complex you can't control? smh

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Dang dude. You really are something. Heaven forbid fans get excited. Does it make you feel better telling others how to fan? Or is it just some superiority complex you can't control? smh

Why am I not surprised that the dumbest of the Huddle bristled at a completely factual statement?