• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more BOA

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Maybe stupid, but I’m actually considering companies that have enough money for naming rights and not just what sounds cool.

What you are suggesting is sailing far above these guys heads somehow.

I suppose they think sponsors are chosen based on their name? No idea

The BOA sponsorship ends with the 2024 season, so this isn't really a premature conversation.  I expect it to be a major talking point next off-season after we see how successful the new regime is vs previous years.  Better team = higher demand to be associated with it 

Other reports suggest an increase to $8-10m/year, which may lean towards a 10 year contract vs BOA's 20 year investment. I can't see a company paying $200m (20 yr at $10m, assuming it's a one-time payment)    and there are only so many businesses that can fork over $10m/yr without issue

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs03/news/story?id=1710458

41 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

The BOA sponsorship ends with the 2024 season, so this isn't really a premature conversation.  I expect it to be a major talking point next off-season after we see how successful the new regime is vs previous years.  Better team = higher demand to be associated with it 

Other reports suggest an increase to $8-10m/year, which may lean towards a 10 year contract vs BOA's 20 year investment. I can't see a company paying $200m (20 yr at $10m, assuming it's a one-time payment)    and there are only so many businesses that can fork over $10m/yr without issue

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs03/news/story?id=1710458

I think the going rate to be an "Official Sponsor of the Carolina Panthers", at least within the industry I work in, is roughly 5 million per year.

I would assume the naming rights to the stadium might be significantly higher.