• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Locked on Panthers podcast on how the Panthers stack up against the division post draft

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

r/panthers - can't wait for TMJ to surprise everyone

Considering Rhule was an idjit and Wilkes was run, run, pass-if-you-have-to, and the fact that we had Doornob throwing to TMJ, I think what he did says quite a lot. I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole group, but really excited to see what TMJ does with an actual staff and game plan and NFL QB throwing his way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I hope we have the worse team that goes to the playoffs just like 2015.  Reich will make it easy for Young by emphasizing running the ball and scheming people open. Given he is best under pressure I am not sure he will struggle as a rookie. Mac Jones came from the same program and how did he do his rookie year?? I'll take 10-7 this year which likely wins the division.

And they mention Carr as a legitimate vet but ignore we have Dalton who a seasoned vet as well. Just saying....

Edited by panthers55
  • Beer 2

I personally think Young comes out after the first game and establishes that he’s the best in the division because of his brain and the surrounding brains. Saints are aging like milk. I have us first, falcons second, saints third, bucs last.

• Pie 2

Mayfield and Carr beat Evero's defense. Evero and Capers struggle to defend these two QBs.

Expect Young to have rookie struggles against NFL defenses and SB winning HCs who were defensive coordinators when they won their ring.

Ridder has as much potential as Young with a season head start and some better offensive weapons in London, Pitts, Patterson, Allgeier, and Robinson.

The Panthers are the most unproven team in the NFC South. If Young can't carry the Panthers for 20 games, the Panthers finish as the 3rd or 4th team in the NFC South. I hope Young surprises me and is Michael Jordan and Steph Curry rolled up into one as an NFL QB for week 1. I hope he is better than 1958 Johnny Unitas, 1981 Joe Montana, 2001 Tom Brady, and 2019 Patrick Mahomes in year 1.

We all know that just isn't likely and he'll have to be carried by his defensive coordinator and playmaker. The problem is the Panthers don't have any playmaker. Good players they do have, but they are void of playmakers or championship leaders.

Burns, Shaq, Brown, Thielen, Sanders, and Hurst are not playmakers with the game on the line. It was CMC and the hope for DJ Moore to breakout that were the playmakers. Maybe Chinn and Horn as the hope for breakout playmakers now?

Panthers have too many unknowns and unproven players. They need 2 to 3 of these players to be game winning playmakers. Go to GOATs. They need 9 championship leaders to emerge before the season starts.

This is the reality.

• Poo 2

4 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Mayfield and Carr beat Evero's defense. Evero and Capers struggle to defend these two QBs.

Expect Young to have rookie struggles against NFL defenses and SB winning HCs who were defensive coordinators when they won their ring.

Ridder has as much potential as Young with a season head start and some better offensive weapons in London, Pitts, Patterson, Allgeier, and Robinson.

The Panthers are the most unproven team in the NFC South. If Young can't carry the Panthers for 20 games, the Panthers finish as the 3rd or 4th team in the NFC South. I hope Young surprises me and is Michael Jordan and Steph Curry rolled up into one as an NFL QB for week 1. I hope he is better than 1958 Johnny Unitas, 1981 Joe Montana, 2001 Tom Brady, and 2019 Patrick Mahomes in year 1.

We all know that just isn't likely and he'll have to be carried by his defensive coordinator and playmaker. The problem is the Panthers don't have any playmaker. Good players they do have, but they are void of playmakers or championship leaders.

Burns, Shaq, Brown, Thielen, Sanders, and Hurst are not playmakers with the game on the line. It was CMC and the hope for DJ Moore to breakout that were the playmakers. Maybe Chinn and Horn as the hope for breakout playmakers now?

Panthers have too many unknowns and unproven players. They need 2 to 3 of these players to be game winning playmakers. Go to GOATs. They need 9 championship leaders to emerge before the season starts.

This is the reality.

Sounds like they shouldn't  even play then. Don't want anybody to die of embarrassment. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

r/panthers - can't wait for TMJ to surprise everyone

He also talked up Ian Thomas around the time we gave him that contract extension. I have high hopes for TMJ but talk is cheap at this stage. I expect him to be bullying defenders and racking up receiving yards and touchdowns especially in the RZ.

3 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

This is the reality.

This is your negative reality which we will see fall apart when the bullets start to fly.  I will be sure to remind you of that making multiple posts just like you are. Enjoy it now as much as I surely will relish reminding you of this.  The last QB who was drafted in the first round from Alabsma, Mac Jones, went 10-6 his rookie year.

Serious question. Why are you trolling so hard. Who peed in your cornflakes

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

This is your negative reality which we will see fall apart when the bullets start to fly.  I will be sure to remind you of that making multiple posts just like you are. Enjoy it now as much as I surely will relish reminding you of this.  The last QB who was drafted in the first round from Alabsma, Mac Jones, went 10-6 his rookie year.

Serious question. Why are you trolling so hard. Who peed in your cornflakes

He is literally just here to childishly post horrible takes cuz he thinks it cool for some reason.  Stupid