• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers invite XFL player to mini camp

12 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I recall last year during the offseason seeing something about the Panthers talking to Dohnovan West at the ASU pro day (I was high on CB Chase Lucas coming out of there). Can't recall if it was a tweet, but I think Fitterer was talking to him?

On 5/4/2023 at 8:38 PM, Lurk21 said:

Fitt kept mentioning  XFL players (but he is the only 1 invited) in different  interviews. This makes me think they have been targeting him and may be why we  didn't look at any in the Draft. 

There's a lot of talent playing in the Championship game on Saturday, after which time the players are available for NFL free agency. I expect a lot of teams (and hopefully the Panthers) talk to Abram Smith. I don't think he's an "invite to training camp kinda guy," someone will sign him to a contract.

He looks like a solid second string RB to me, with a nose for the end zone, who could help us out a ton in red zone situations.

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, Captroop said:

There's a lot of talent playing in the Championship game on Saturday, after which time the players are available for NFL free agency. I expect a lot of teams (and hopefully the Panthers) talk to Abram Smith. I don't think he's an "invite to training camp kinda guy," someone will sign him to a contract.

He looks like a solid second string RB to me, with a nose for the end zone, who could help us out a ton in red zone situations.

He runs very similar  to Foreman to me! Wouldn't mind him at all!!