• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release Jacob Eason and Preston Williams

Dorian Gray

29 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I still believe that Dalton will be let go and they'll just keep Young and Corral. Dalton is only here for the transition. 

I doubt this. Dalton started as a rookie, has won playoff games, and been in the league a long time, and he is a servicable back up QB. Corral hasn't done anything but sit out his rookie year with an injury (not his fault).

Edited by Louie
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

While it’s unlikely that the Panthers keep just three quarterbacks on their roster throughout the summer, Carolina might want to give Corral an extended look behind Dalton and Young. With just three players taking reps at quarterback, Corral could have heavy training camp and preseason workloads, which could factor into his evaluation by the new staff.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article275556346.html#storylink=cpy

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

While it’s unlikely that the Panthers keep just three quarterbacks on their roster throughout the summer, Carolina might want to give Corral an extended look behind Dalton and Young. With just three players taking reps at quarterback, Corral could have heavy training camp and preseason workloads, which could factor into his evaluation by the new staff.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article275556346.html#storylink=cpy

and hopefully up his trade value.

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, Louie said:

I doubt this. Dalton started as a rookie, has won playoff games, and been in the league a long time, and he is a servicable back up QB. Corral hasn't done anything but sit out his rookie year with an injury (not his fault).

He also signed a two year $10M(8 gtd) contract. He's on the roster for at least 1 year, maybe Corral beats him out as the backup next year. I'm more curious if they keep all of them on the 53. Corral might no clear waivers for the practice squad depending on how injuries go throughout the league, and how he looks in preseason

• Pie 4

Some of you will simply continue to discount Corral as a legit talent. It makes some sense, I guess, but it makes more sense to say, "Here is a very talented kid who got a raw deal his rookie year, so let's see what he's got with sound coaching and development, because the sky just may be the limit."

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Active slot limits are stupid anyways. It's just a way for the teams to save a few million dollars a year on their contracts by not giving those players their game day bonuses

Or...Teams use those extra slots for players they don't want poached if they were to put them on the PS.

2 hours ago, Camp Fodder said:

This. I know injuries, not fair blah blah. That’s what the practice squad is for. 

You put the wrong player on the PS and he will get poached. 

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Some of you will simply continue to discount Corral as a legit talent. It makes some sense, I guess, but it makes more sense to say, "Here is a very talented kid who got a raw deal his rookie year, so let's see what he's got with sound coaching and development, because the sky just may be the limit."

And as of right now it looks as though he just may get a lot of opportunities to show just what he's got. What with only 3 QBs on the roster at this time.