• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Thread. Vegas vs Florida

I sort of saw this coming , if we had any scoring at all we would have beat them, I think our players were overthinking Bob, because Vegas has exposed him has the journeyman goalie he really is

On one hand I am enjoying Florida getting smashed, on the other I am embarrassed that this is the team that swept us 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I sort of saw this coming , if we had any scoring at all we would have beat them, I think our players were overthinking Bob, because Vegas has exposed him has the journeyman goalie he really is

On one hand I am enjoying Florida getting smashed, on the other I am embarrassed that this is the team that swept us 

You have to still give Bob credit though - he has played well in the playoffs. What hurt us is that we have nobody that's a pure scorer that was healthy. I don't know how many times we shot it right at his glove or his chest on a cross crease shot....

That and every game we had a 5 to 10 minute poo effort that Florida capitalized on

Edited by PleaseCutStewart
  • Pie 1

You guys need to remember Bob won 2 Vezina Trophies in 2013 and 2017. So, it's not like the guy is a total scrub. But he did lay out of his mind thru round 2 and 3.

On the other hand, the Panthers have done him no favors by getting away from their 5-man play house defense. They're more concerned with trying to play a physical game and allowing opposing players to come right down Main Street unchecked. Those first 2 goals last night might have been some of the worst defense I've seen in the playoffs.

• Pie 1

Another tidbit after last night's game:

Cheap-shot Chucky now has 60 PIM this post season. He got 2 10-minute misconducts last night alone. Florida as a team collected 84 PIM last night. But, hey, those TNT guys are still sporting big woodys for the Panthers. By the end of the game there were only 6 skaters and a goalie on the bench for Florida, with the 5 guys on the ice. And Maurice was laughing abut it.

Be interesting to see if the league actually does something and suspends someone.

11 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I haven't heard otherwise, but Bettman likes small market teams, alot more than his counterparts in the NFL and NBA 

Look at how hard they fought to keep Pheonix, when they could make a whole lot more money with the Quebec Coytes,and he has already gave Raleigh an all-star game, while Rodger Goodell doesn't even acknowledge Charlotte exists 

Less than a million viewers tells me theyre pissed. 

8 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

well they beat us by just 4 goals and they also beat the bruins and leafs, they were on a hot run with a hot goalie. We were missing 2 top line goal scorers. It's disappointing but not really embarrassing. Their luck was gonna run out at some point, it's just too bad for us it came so late

On 6/5/2023 at 9:09 AM, DavidEng said:

Waddell has said Canes need to get a little heavier.  Yet we just signed signed our 5’8” 175 lb draft pic haha. He can skate and score though.

Well, so much for the idea of getting heavier and stronger. LOL 🙂

• Pie 1

On 6/5/2023 at 8:18 AM, toldozer said:

I don't think the NHL is happy at all about this match up.  They wouldn't have been happy with the canes either.  Nhl doesn't get viewers anyway but their numbers are gonna be worse then the scripps spelling bee

Well, that is a small problem they will have to worry about.

3 hours ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

The NHL is terrible at marketing the league and more importantly their star players. Hockey should be a much more popular sport than it is. 

Running your playoffs nearly concurrently with the NBA playoffs too… it needs to be before or after. Preferably before.