• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Scouted Frank Reich pre-draft

rayzor

43 minutes ago, Louie said:

How many QBs that are drafted high have all the physical traits? Look at Sam Darnold! Sam is going to be awesome! Wow! Look at the arm on JaMrcus Russell! He's going to win superbowls! Johnny Manziel! That kid has moxy! Baker Mayfield! He was dominant in college! Everyone seems to discount what's between the ears! Knowing how to read a defense and knowing where your guys are going to be on a play, determines their success! Bryce Young has all of that! 

the mental part of the game will get you further than the physical part of it. the good thing is that i think bryce has plenty of the physical part of it. sure he's not the physical specimen that cam was, but he's still plenty mobile.

• Flames 2

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If we get above .500, I am good. That is a big success for where we are in this transition. If we finish a game or two under .500, not a big deal. 

Now 10+ wins? Look out.

Prepare for greatness…this team is going to shock the world next season

• Beer 2
  • Flames 2

12 hours ago, dpm0409 said:

Wouldn't be shocked to hear that he went through a similar exercise with other potential landing spots as well.  Pretty cool.

maybe, but really it was always going to be Carolina or Houston, and who would he go and study in Houston?

Demarco Ryans as HC and he took the 49ers passing game coordinator to be his OC, sure he could have watched 49ers film, but that's Shanahan's offense, who knows how similar this guy will want to run an offense.

A lot easier to watch old Reich run offenses 

As a general comment, I'd be very surprised if there were many (I'm sure there are a handful we can all guess) potential #1 picks that hadn't looked into the teams that were likely to draft them. No way to prove that one way or another of course but it sure makes for a nice soundbyte.