• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Danielle Hunter Trade Rumors

shaq

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/danielle-hunter-landing-spots-vikings-pass-rusher-garnering-serious-trade-interest-per-report/amp/

What are your guys thoughts on this potential trade? My personal opinion is it’s unlikely due to the fact we already need to pay Burns, paying another elite DE would be very cap restraining. At the same time, Hunter would be a great scheme fit and we are lacking another true edge threat. Potentially you could argue due to Bryce starting on his rookie contract that we have the space to afford paying multiple premium contracts. 

• Poo 1

doesnt make sense bc he is in contract year and wants big money. We would trade for him with what little collateral we have and then spend cap on a player that would lead to us potentially losing another player we'd like to resign ... a la D. Brown/Chinn/TMJ (if he goes off)

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, it's crazy how thin we are at CB given the resources we've spent in relatively recent years. I guess that happens when your top 10 pick is made of porcelain and your 2nd rounder pops an Achilles. Everyone is thin at CB if you take way both of their outside starters.

God it hurts when I hear the word pop, I hope I never have one of those injuries(I’m pretty safe on the couch I think). 

• Pie 2

Something has to give. You have to have a beastly front or a backend that can hold for 3+ seconds to compete. I wouldn’t be mad at all if they decided it was easier to do the former and make this happen. Is there any DB even worth a poo available?

Of course is it even possible? Probably not. And we will even be competitive this year for it to matter? Doubtful.

Still with our spotty front and hampered DBs…it’s not going to be good. But this is all part of accepting the fact we simply won’t be ready for a couple years. And we desperately need top picks to start blooming into a worthwhile starter or stop getting injured.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, it's crazy how thin we are at CB given the resources we've spent in relatively recent years. I guess that happens when your top 10 pick is made of porcelain and your 2nd rounder pops an Achilles. Everyone is thin at CB if you take way both of their outside starters.

Jackson's at least put up some respectable (mostly full) seasons, even though his ceiling is below Horn's

57 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

If they can create a consistently strong pass rush, the backend doesn't have to elite.  

Nit saying we can't use more talent and CB, but I don't see any starting quality CBs laying around. 

Burns and Hunter rushing would be scary, two of the fastest edges in the league.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

If they can create a consistently strong pass rush, the backend doesn't have to elite.  

Nit saying we can't use more talent and CB, but I don't see any starting quality CBs laying around. 

That's where I am at the moment. Whichever unit is stronger, it helps the weaker unit.

Between the two groups, when healthy, we're deeper at CB.

The available Pass rushers via trade/FA are better than the current CBs available via trade/FA. It'd be easier to upgrade the pass rushing unit, which would in turn help the DBs. The available DBs are a bunch of castoffs and JAGs.

• Pie 2