• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person's minicamp takeaways

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Lame Duck said:

I don’t like Young?  You got all that from my quote? Jfc, this board.

I got that from your pre draft comments when you were constantly talking about how his size doesn’t fit the models you were looking at. It’s no big deal if you were against drafting him. There is a fair point to be made against it, but the pick has been made and there is no need to keep raining on the parade. That’s all.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I got that from your pre draft comments when you were constantly talking about how his size doesn’t fit the models you were looking at. It’s no big deal if you were against drafting him. There is a fair point to be made against it, but the pick has been made and there is no need to keep raining on the parade. That’s all.

And if you actually paid attention, I jumped on Young bandwagon weeks before he was drafted when I realized he was likely the pick.  Feel free to go back and research.  

1 minute ago, Lame Duck said:

And if you actually paid attention, I jumped on Young bandwagon weeks before he was drafted when I realized he was likely the pick.  Feel free to go back and research.  

The most recent one comparing him to Baker with a “same poo different year” comment doesn’t seem to align with that, but I’ll take your word on it. If I had you pegged wrong then I apologize.  Like I said nothing wrong with being against it before the draft, I preferred Stroud throughout most of it.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The most recent one comparing him to Baker with a “same poo different year” comment doesn’t seem to align with that, but I’ll take your word on it. If I had you pegged wrong then I apologize.  Like I said nothing wrong with being against it before the draft, I preferred Stroud throughout most of it.

The whole comment was about no pads.   CamWhoaaCam took the whole thing out of context to what feeds his own little narrative and people followed along.

All good.  I’m all in on Bryce Young train.  I trust no reports from minicamp or summer camp until the pads go on.  That’s when tempers rise and folks jobs are on the line and many minicamp warriors simply vanish.  

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, ickmule said:

He ain’t wrong. I hope it’s not an issue, but it very well could be a huge one. Only time will tell.  

I mean, he is wrong if the implication is that it’s more of an issue than any other QB.  A couple batted balls in shorts is not indicative of anything. I imagine Brock Ossweiler (all like 6’7 of him) had a few himself, especially in his rookie year.  The issue with Young’s size has always been durability rather than height and batted balls.  Reich and others have already addressed how much easier it is for that to happen in the sort of practices they’ve been able to run so far. 

It's a valid topic and it's not going away. People shouldn't be so sensitive about it.

The reason media is sure to mention it is because it's a hot topic. I tried to search for batted balls here to see how much it was mentioned last camp for Mayfield. I gave up paging through results and barely got back to Memorial day.

• Beer 1

19 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

On a more serious note, Blackshear looked good in his limited snaps last year. Hope he gets more opportunities this year. Doesn’t help he’s not exactly complimentary to Sanders’ running style though. 

Worth a roster spot on ST's though. He was my bottom of the roster man-crush last year.

• Pie 2