• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Baldinger: Sam Franklin best special teams coverage man last season

TheSpecialJuan

56 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Chris Tabor has done a hell of a job transforming the special teams unit. Glad that Reich decided to retain him (and Campen for that matter).

Give Tepper credit for encouraging their retention by the new staff. Both are outstanding coaches.

• Pie 2

With ST I can tell he has a passion for it but he actually flashed more than a couple of times last season at safety. 

So much so that I remember switching from "he's only here due to Rhule's nepotism" to "Damn he's starting to push for starter play". 

I actually forgot about him until I saw that clip. As-is he was starting to put it together. Another offseason like he had last season and he may contribute more than most expect. Although, he's behind on the depth chart I do hear our DC likes to utilize more than a couple safeties sometimes. 

At worst, him and Jammie Robinson should be pretty entertaining to watch on ST coverage together.  

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

That 2nd play was impressive. Need all of our guys to play with that type of heart and we'll be going places sooner rather than later

He did get the flag for throwing the returner to the ground out of bounds which cancelled out the holding call, but I love the energy anyway!

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

With ST I can tell he has a passion for it but he actually flashed more than a couple of times last season at safety. 

So much so that I remember switching from "he's only here due to Rhule's nepotism" to "Damn he's starting to push for starter play". 

I actually forgot about him until I saw that clip. As-is he was starting to put it together. Another offseason like he had last season and he may contribute more than most expect. Although, he's behind on the depth chart I do hear our DC likes to utilize more than a couple safeties sometimes. 

At worst, him and Jammie Robinson should be pretty entertaining to watch on ST coverage together.  

Yeah most everyone on these boards.  I wish we could stick to merit-based evaluations rather than "Rhule's nepo-baby"..."Rhule's wife's favorite player"..."New York Jets reject" (Luvu)...etc.  It must suck to have your reputation be stained by something that you had no control over.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

He was one of the first guys we re-signed this offseason. The few times he's come in at safety, he didn't look like an obvious weakness. Good guy to have on the team.

Signing a ST player is like dating an ugly girl. They know they have to try harder if they want to stick around.