• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce so far ahead that they feel they can expand their offensive playbook

ncfan

8 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

There's a lot of inexperienced or new guys that make up the rest of the offense... might not be the smartest thing for us to outpace them all with the new QB. 

Just sayin'.

the TLDR version is, above is a very well said and valid point, but if your rookie QB isn’t drinking water from a fire hydrant like the rest of the young guys, it’s a good thing. 

If the Qb, the rookie Qb, digests and understands these concepts it will bode well for the team.  Vet QBs often play with rookie receivers , backs etc.. and their command of the offense helps the inexperienced players grow. If your rookie can take on some of those field general tasks sooner than later it will put you in a better position in the long run. 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

There's a lot of inexperienced or new guys that make up the rest of the offense... might not be the smartest thing for us to outpace them all with the new QB. 

Just sayin'.

The QB is the only guy who truly has to understand the full playbook. Everyone else just needs to understand their role in the play. Honorable mention to the center who has to understand the protections.

• Pie 7

8 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The view I'm getting from these comments about Young is that his ability to understand and apply nfl level concepts is that of a more seasoned veteran.  It's kinda caught the staff off guard a bit and that's a good thing. It may not sound like much but it is a blessing in disguise.  

I still worry about him “anticipating” at a college speed for his first year in the NFL and getting baited by some NFL safeties. It’s not a big deal for a rookie QB obviously. If he starts dinking and dunking defenses like Brees or Brady I’ll be really impressed. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I still worry about him “anticipating” at a college speed for his first year in the NFL and getting baited by some NFL safeties. It’s not a big deal for a rookie QB obviously. If he starts dinking and dunking defenses like Brees or Brady I’ll be really impressed. 

He will get a taste of what an nfl defense is really like when the pads go on. The Jets defense will show him what he can get away with and what he can't in training camp.  He  has some adjusting to do before we know what we have in him.

• Pie 1

Of course he still has to adjust to game speed moments. 

Why is it we can't talk about how good this kid is, without bringing him down?

Too much feel goods? You guys don't know how to handle that as Panther fans? Scared some short stack is going to be a better QB then Cam ever was?

What is it? 

The kid is thriving.  Which means no Matter how you look at it, he's going to be fun to watch come game time. 

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Pie 5

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only seasoned vet we have in the WR corps is Thielen.

Chark has played 5 seasons, Byrd has played 7, and Hurst has played 5.

Those 4 when combined with Thielen is more than enough pass catching experience in this league to help a rookie QB if needed, while Laviska and TMJ have 3 and 2 seasons themselves.

WR is probably one of the easier positions to master in the NFL in regards of knowing routes and concepts, actually executing them is something else of course, but it doesn't take long to mentally learn the craft of a  WR in the league.

If I was worried about any unit picking up a new offense quickly enough to execute as needed, it would be the OL.  Sure we have some great players along the line, but Week 1 we might be stating a rookie at RG, a second year player at LT, and a third year player at LG.  

Yea that was a great unit for us last year and we've got vet experience at C and RT, but that's still a young OL, running new concepts, with a QB that it is even more important to keep upright given his size and injury risk if he's getting hit a lot.

1 hour ago, Donald LaFell said:

Yeah he's throwing against STO and Keith Taylor with no pass rush currently. Jets joint practice will be the first real test to see if he's this so far advanced

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Of course he still has to adjust to game speed moments. 

Why is it we can't talk about how good this kid is, without bringing him down?

Too much feel goods? You guys don't know how to handle that as Panther fans? Scared some short stack is going to be a better QB then Cam ever was?

What is it? 

The kid is thriving.  Which means no Matter how you look at it, he's going to be fun to watch come game time. 

Maybe they never got off the CJ train. Pre draft they were a bunch of folks making short jokes and talking out they butts like Ace Ventura. Some but not all were likely Trolls but still talking out they butts. One more time BUTTS. Oh lastly  those people are arseholes. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1