• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the Panthers or won't they contend for a playoff spot

panthers55

The two times we made it to the superbowl we had a rajin cajin gunslinger named Jake and the superman named Cam .   We mow have Bryce Bryce baby !  He reminds me of the little engine that could .  I think he can , I think he can

• Pie 1

On 6/30/2023 at 3:00 PM, WarHeel said:

There’s no way this group is worse than 2015 was on paper and that turned out decent enough. This O line is certainly better on paper. I personally think the team as a whole will overperform for a supposed rebuild year. 

Yeah, but 2015 had once-in-a-decade QB play from Cam. He WAS the offense. I would be shocked (and elated) if Bryce even comes close to that production as a rookie. But I agree that our offense as a whole is certainly better than 2015.

On 7/2/2023 at 5:53 PM, OneBadCat said:

Fringe starter Sam Darnold was looking like a badass when we finally started playing to our strengths under Wilks. 

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a badass, but I agree with your premise. He went from a shitshow to adequate after losing his best weapon (CMC, duh) because of good coaching. And our coaching staff is waaaay better than Wilkes being forced to coach Rhule's team. No Wilkes hate there, I have nothing but love for the man, just facts.

• Pie 1

image.png.3572ffc806752b4d103460595e590036.png

image.png.c56f6a466628529123906b737e3e63bf.png

image.png.d817fc8a41d8fdd50c8bf404fa1654bc.png

Readers who participated in The Athletic’s fourth annual Panthers fan survey were overwhelmingly positive about the team’s direction with Frank Reich replacing Matt Rhule and No. 1 pick Bryce Young taking over after a three-year revolving door at quarterback.

Nearly 700 fans (678 to be exact) took part in the survey over the holiday weekend, 

https://theathletic.com/4664020/2023/07/05/carolina-panthers-fan-survey-results/

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

If we can stay somewhat healthy, and that's a BIG IF when talking about our defense/corners....then I think 9 W's isn't out of the question.

Young is likely better than what we had on the roster last season at QB, and I know that Dalton is.

Somewhat capable QB play last season, and we don't get the 1 pick...I'm just glad Rhule is gone.

• Pie 2