• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns ranked #7 edge rusher in league by NFL execs, coaches, and scouts

thunderraiden

I have no idea why people want to trade this guy. 

Pass rushing DE's are the most important position on defense. We have one just entering his prime no way should we try to trade him.

There is a reason why teams are willing to give multiple 1st round picks for a young elite DE.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

lol A perfect example of another Panther fan undervaluing one of our own. Burns is ranked 7th, but according to @CRA he's not really a great DE. 

Makes one wonder where he'd be ranked if he was really good? /s

Burns is a great pass rusher.  That's what I said.  How is that undervaluing him? 

and that is why he ranked highly on a list ranking edge rushers. 

Describe Brian Burns in one word vs the run?   

I mean, it's not undervaluing someone to acknowlege what they are.  It would be like having a great receiving TE that was a liability in pass protection or aiding in the run game.  Just realities of different players.   Everyone isn't going to be 89, Luke or Peppers where holes don't exist in their game.  Burns has holes in his.  It is what it is.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

We are lucky to have Burns. 

I know and remember how difficult it is to find truly elite pass rushers. You just can't grab one any time want. 

Fans want what they want. And they can talk themselves into anything. Especially if they run into a like-minded person. 

In this league you have to pressure the passer. Burns does that as well as almost anybody. Those cats don't grow on trees. Or else they wouldn't be such a high value target.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Burns is a great pass rusher.  That's what I said.  How is that undervaluing him? 

and that is why he ranked highly on a list ranking edge rushers. 

I mean, it's not undervaluing someone to acknowlege what they are.  It would be like having a great receiving TE that was a liability in pass protection or aiding in the run game.  Just realities of different players.   

I love how you spin things. You imagination is truly a thing of beauty. However, your opinion is your perception. Just realize it is not as popular as you may hope. Far too many ppl believe Burns is a top talent. You saying otherwise does not change that fact.

Go ahead nitpick. But Burns is still going to be considered a top talent.

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

What's quaint is this assertion of disrespect/fans don't appreciate/'insert similar comment here' present in a given fanbase, as if there aren't differing opinions across every team in the sports world. I live here in KC, arguably the top of the NFL for several years now, and there are people complaining about the fanbase. Hell, even certain players were whining about it in recent years. The whole 'fanbase doesn't appreciate...' take is incredibly stale and unoriginal.

Just because it's stale doesn't mean it doesn't have legs. It's a case by case thing.

Most posters on the Huddle do Undervalue Burns. Saying he's just a pass rusher, devalue how he gets some of his sacks, put his ability to handle the run under a microscope, and treat him like he's just Bruce Irvin when it comes to his ability to rush the passer and affect the play (i.e. "oh he doesn't have any big 3rd down sacks"). Frankly it's quite tiring. All because we didn't trade him for two first round picks.

Yes it's in every fan base, and will be until the end of time. That doesn't mean every case of claim of "doesn't appreciate" hold the same weight. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

Okay.

Three words: Could be better.

Question: What does constantly bringing up his weakness against the run really add? What breaking football analysis is this?

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

It would be like having a great receiving TE that was a liability in pass protection or aiding in the run game.  

That's

that's literally the reason the Bears traded Greg bro

Describe Greg Olsen in one word in pass pro.

Edited by Rags

This is one of those topics......man it can go many ways about the feelings.

Personal- Brian Burns needs HELP. besides one yr of reddick, hes had very little help. Could it be dbrown this yr??? I mean teams are super smart, they watch film and go "Im not worried about x,y, z......but we have to stop Burns."

Hes never had great coaching for, no diss-respect to Rivera.....but just in general. I think thats different this year tho....

Has he played too light, I know I felt that way when he entered the league as an ultra young pup. He just added clean weight each year and Ive seen his workouts this year....3-4 looks like a glove fit for the new spiderman 0.99

If he likes the team and the queen, please stay. I hope Mr Tepper can spare a couple dollars to make it work for all sides.... Thank god for an owner like him. 

• Beer 1

42 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

I love how you spin things. You imagination is truly a thing of beauty. However, your opinion is your perception. Just realize it is not as popular as you may hope. Far too many ppl believe Burns is a top talent. You saying otherwise does not change that fact.

Go ahead nitpick. But Burns is still going to be considered a top talent.

I mean, I don't think you read.  Again, Brian Burns is one of the top pass rushers in the NFL.

Describe Burns vs the run.  I'll give you a second shot.  Share the actual reality.   I mean, that is a pretty massive part of the overall job to ignore if you aren't just coming in on passing downs. 

this might be hard for you to comprehend, but you can actually honestly evaluate a player and it doesn't mean you think he is trash because he has flaws.   There aren't many that don't.   

• Pie 1