• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

App State QB Armanti Edwards on Michigan upset, ‘dark times’ with Panthers

ladypanther

2 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Nobody is denying Gettleman was the north end of a southbound horse.  That's not the question. 

The issue here is whether Edwards' version is the truth, or skewed.  Both Gettleman being an arse and Edwards' version being skewed can be true at the same time.

This is not an either/or situation.  Not many things are.

Agree with this 100%, I think it is skewed, but in no way does it exonerate the fat guy. 

It is crazy how bad leadership in both major sports in Charlotte have pissed away so much in the past 10-15 years. 

• Beer 1

On 7/13/2023 at 3:04 PM, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Matt Corral doesn't want to be #2 QB, as a competitor I'm sure he wants to be a starter. His opportunity to start just won't be with the Panthers. 

Depends on how good Young is and how healthy he stays.  If Corral impresses enough to get the number two spot eventually, (a big if) and then he gets to start a few games for one reason or another, it will be his chance to impress other teams.  If he replaces Young for a few games and plays well, he could get a chance to be the guy for some other team.   That is the way he should look at it.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I thought all along AE should have gotten looks at QB or at least those wildcat packages. Just don't see changing positions at that point. Yeah, it's been done, but I tell ya he was special as a QB.  And as many others have said, with what we had behind center at the time, whew....

AE failed with every NFL team he was on from my recollection, and he had a really short career. Even so Gettleman was the worst, and my most hated Panthers GM. Our other GMs have been bad, but Gettleman was bad and he hated people in general. Doesn't get any worse than that. 

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, pantherj said:

AE failed with every NFL team he was on from my recollection, and he had a really short career. Even so Gettleman was the worst, and my most hated Panthers GM. Our other GMs have been bad, but Gettleman was bad and he hated people in general. Doesn't get any worse than that. 

Yep. Don't forget that Gettleman absolutely killed all of the culture with the team with his handling of those he cut. He seemed to make it personal (especially Josh Norman) and the players learned that he gave absolutely no poo about them. See how bad the Super Bowl hangover was?  The team just did not give a poo any longer and most of the blame was on the fat guy.