• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did we get hoodwinked on Miles Sanders

TheBigKat

19 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Panthers got who they wanted. Sanders is happy for 4 years.  Win. Win.

You can't please everyone. I mean these guys have pretty much done business this way since they started. They wanted someone, so they got em. I'm good with that.

Edit to add; I know Myles may have gotten more that some may have wanted. But it wasn't so much to be getting upset over. Especially before the actual games start.

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Pie 5

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Uh no. 5 dookie RBs doesn’t equal a good one. They don’t get 15 players on offense because they got cheap RBs. 

Swift and penny are proven good RBs with health issues. Low risk low reward for the eagles. We are high risk with same reward 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

1 minute ago, Adb6368 said:

Swift and penny are proven good RBs with health issues. Low risk low reward for the eagles. We are high risk with same reward 

Swift’s best year he got half as many yards as Sanders last year. Penny’s best year he got barely more than half. Neither is that good. They’re not RB1s for a reason. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Tbe said:

Sanders was the highest paid FA RB this year. 

We over paid.

running backs are so under valued that even the highest paid running back is a fuging steal. A WR with the same number of scrimmage yards as Sanders last season would cost like 20 million a year. 

• Pie 7

I'm not going to lose one minute of sleep over paying a slight premium to help ensure Bryce's success, especially considering we're near the top of the NFL in cap space even with that contract and the "overpayment" is maybe $2 million, barely enough to pay a couple minimum salaried veterans. Even if Sanders is an average starting rb (basically worst case scenario), you could find a lot worse ways to spend $7 million.

• Pie 8

If the convo is about the position having become increasingly devalued as a whole there will be no disagreement from me. If the convo is about us giving Sanders a decent contract and that being at all comparable to that albatross extension we signed McCaffrey to without a starting QB then I will have to say this is a silly thread. The highest his cap hit will go within the next 4 years is 8.1 million. Let's see the guy play and go from there. I think we'll like him.

• Pie 5