• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer interviews Frank Reich...

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I kinda cringe when he says it is a 2-4 year plan because of the last regime. 
I hope it doesn’t take that long. 

Every rookie is a 2-4 year plan because that's the proper evaluation period. QBs even moreso. Sure, Mahomes seems to be an outlier, but we have no idea how he would've looked if he'd started his first year. People who are not particularly good at their job can still say smart things.

He wants to go out and win every game. Unlike the last guy who seemed to not care about w/l only the process. I can get behind Franks process if its a net positive. Each year getting further along further to the top. Back 2 back winning seasons. Etc.. 

• Pie 2

Assuming the goal is winning a SB, then 2-4 years sounds great to me!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, axl-69 2.0 said:

Unlike the last guy who seemed to not care about w/l only the process.

The last guy hid behind this word to excuse his failures. When asked to elaborate on the process he never could.

12 minutes ago, NAS said:

The last guy hid behind this word to excuse his failures. When asked to elaborate on the process he never could.

That's what a BS artist does.  You can't define it, you can't measure it, and when pressed about it not yielding results, the usual answer is either that it hasn't kicked in yet or more of it needs to be done.

The key is to be ever-elusive.  The old saying is that if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.

Edited by Sgt Schultz
  • Pie 3

6 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Hopefully he is just trying to take a little pressure off Bryce.

Even though we’re tired of waiting that’s being realistic and honest because we have as we all know a new system which takes time to adjust to. But the real patience will be with our rookie qb who may be very good soon but is still a rookie who isn’t likely to sit behind an Alex Smith type. Mahomes father credited Smith (after they won the SB this year) with a lot of the developmental aspects of his sons game said he showed him so much along with his natural talents. Our qb will be feet to the fire on day one, making mistakes, misreads, and doing what rookies do trying to adjust to the next level of competition which shouldn’t and won’t be easy. It’s going to take time to get everyone up to speed so I’d say atleast a year of experience before we see Bryce looking like his Alabama days. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, ickmule said:

“It’s a process”.  Lol. We’ve heard that a million times.  
I will give props to all invoices though, there is finally excitement again and that’s a good thing.  We just need to pump the brakes and hope for the best.  

yea, Dr Dre wasnt built in a day or something.

alright this is bugging me. Breer mentions returning to Wofford for camp. I absolutely could have sworn, and I know I've been, that they were at Furman for the first year. Reich wasn't there the second year. Someone correct me on this Mandela effect.

I swore I'd not get too excited about "training camp " ..   worrying about every hangnail  etc..

Yet here I am DAY 1 ,,  waaaaaay  too excited about all the comments , videos , and interviews ..

All I was wanting September 11 to get here and crush the falcons..   Yet here I am, hanging on every word in interviews,,  watching players  drive up to a dorm LOL.. PUMPED ,, FIRED UP...

Yes I know,  every pass that falls shorts or is knocked down,  intercepted.. will have the negative comments from those who wanted someone else but Bryce. And some 8th string wide receiver will make a catch that has 20 fans hoping he makes the team and he's better than player XYZ .  It's what fan bases do.

STAY HEALTHY PANTHERS ..  IT'S A LONG TIME TILL SEPTEMBER 11TH.  AND EVEN LONGER TO FEBRURY 11TH WHEN WE PLAY IN OUR 3RD SUPER BOWL .  YES , TRAINING CAMP DAY 1 I HAVE US PLAYING IN THE SUPER BOWL. 17-0 REGULAR SEASON 🙂  

STAY HEALTHY PANTHERS.  

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, RumHam said:

alright this is bugging me. Breer mentions returning to Wofford for camp. I absolutely could have sworn, and I know I've been, that they were at Furman for the first year. Reich wasn't there the second year. Someone correct me on this Mandela effect.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article277633998.html

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's nice to remember that he's gone.

It is like beating your head against the wall.....it feels so good when you stop!

The NFL is about results.  Ultimately, that has to be reflected in the record. 

Wilks was a great interim for us.  He showed that the team did not need to be torn down to the studs.  Basically, he demonstrated that the team was not as bad as it showed prior to his taking the reins and actually getting settled in the saddle.  Had the team not shown the results it did under him, things might look a lot different right now.  I have nothing but respect for what he did. 

The current coaching staff has generated some excitement.  It is beyond just the newness factor.  While it is too soon to tell, I think I will finally shake the feeling of "when will the wheels come off" when there are successes.  It's not just words, it is how they have approached the task at hand thus far.  Getting back to even the pre-2018 level of confidence that things can come together is refreshing.

• Beer 1