• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bozeman on Bryce Young

BlackPanther22

1 hour ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Was on twitter when I came across this clip of an interview Bozeman did yesterday where he told the reporter that Bryce gave the O-line a presentation on protections the other day.

Not to like overly hype Bryce but I feel like that’s kind of an insane thing for a rookie to do or even have the confidence to do. If the play on the field matches a lot of what we’ve heard about him, man we could have somebody special on our hands. 

Not only a damn rookie, but a rookie in his first week of Training Camp. That’s freaking insane. We got us a real one. 

• Pie 4

I’ll be real curious to see how the Captains situation pans out this year too. You’d have to imagine the returning captains get their spots back (Chinn, Burns, Shaq, Donte, Moton) and I feel like Theilen gets one and the early returns on Bryce make me think he’s gonna be a captain year 1 too. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I feel like Bryce may be Manning-like in how he does pre-snap adjustments. 

14 minutes ago, joemac said:

Not only a damn rookie, but a rookie in his first week of Training Camp. That’s freaking insane. We got us a real one. 

This is insanely impressive for a rookie starting training camp, but I must say we are actually seeing exactly what was said about him during the pre draft process. They said he’s a computer and he’s the best processor we’ve seen in the last decade. He’s extremely accurate and has elite anticipation and play making. We’re actually seeing it first hand. I can’t fu….. wait to scrimmage the Jets such a good measuring stick very early on. Elite QB elite WR elite DB elite DT and more.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Lame Duck said:

Why do they find the shortest people to do these on field interviews.

Probably like quarterbacks, might be the best ava

6 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:

Was on twitter when I came across this clip of an interview Bozeman did yesterday where he told the reporter that Bryce gave the O-line a presentation on protections the other day.

Not to like overly hype Bryce but I feel like that’s kind of an insane thing for a rookie to do or even have the confidence to do. If the play on the field matches a lot of what we’ve heard about him, man we could have somebody special on our hands. 

I just hope the fans will be patient with Bryce. You know as highly as he was touted every team we play will have extra motivation to capitalize on mistakes he makes. It will still be a  process. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Given that’s what Boze had to do for 99% of the the time for our previous QBs, it’s probably a breath of fresh air.

Pre-snap ability is huge. Bryce and Haener were the only two coming out that really had the readability seem second nature to them. 

Everything I see and hear makes me very confident we found a legit QB. 

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Given that’s what Boze had to do for 99% of the the time for our previous QBs, it’s probably a breath of fresh air.

Pre-snap ability is huge. Bryce and Haener were the only two coming out that really had the readability seem second nature to them. 

Everything I see and hear makes me very confident we found a legit QB. 

This doesnt even feel like a rookie QB and hes already ahead with the playbook. Need to see live action. 

19 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

I had heard ryan kalil was in charge of protections for Cam tho

Cam also came out of heavy read option college scheme.  It makes sense for Young to be way ahead of Cam there.   Contact was part of Cam's game.  Not so much for Bryce. 

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

We really doing this? What’s wrong with y’all 

Cam said it himself:

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/cam-newton-says-half-the-time-he-calls-plays-wrong-and-teammates-correct-him

You know those online functions that try to fix your mistakes? Like when text-messaging programs finish words for you or Internet searches use alternate spellings? The same sort of thing happens inside the Carolina Panthers' huddle when Cam Newton calls a play, though this function goes by "The Overseer," Newton's name for tight end Greg Olsen.

"He listens to the play, like, 'No, no, no, no, that's not right. It can't be even. It has to be odd. I can't zoom. I can't motion that way because if I ... no, no, no, Cam, that's not right,'" Newton said Friday (see video above, transcription via ESPN.com).

Newton didn't dispute that sometimes he might not be calling the play correctly after hearing it via the receiver in his helmet.

"Half the time when I'm saying a play, I'm wrong, and those guys, they fix it," Newton said. "It's like my auto correct."

That came out when Cam won MVP. He just had that Brett Favre football savant poo going on where he didn't need to know every detail. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

….. I just hope the fans will be patient with Bryce. You know as highly as he was touted every team we play will have extra motivation to capitalize on mistakes he makes. It will still be a  process. 

I think he is already achieved Cam status with a lot of people. it will be like this if you question anything

20 hours ago,  ladypanther said: 

Olsen had to correct his play calls in the huddle at times.

We really doing this? What’s wrong with y’all