• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You know what's really weird?

Zod

59 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

We could have held onto our all pro corner instead of our GM having a dick measuring contest with him. 

Then he wasted our picks on a shitty DT and 3 CBs to try and replace Norman. Those picks could have been used on the OL since that is what cost us the super bowl. 

Coaching (and some refs) cost us the SB. The OL was fantastic aside from 2 games in that 25 game run. It was stupid for us to make no adjustments to stop two HOF edge rushers. That’s why Belichick wins SBs and Rivera/Shula do not. That said 2016’s OL rash of injuries had nothing to do with that or Norman. Sometimes you get good health luck and sometimes you don’t. 

4 hours ago, Zod said:

What's really weird, going into a new season not completely worried about the offensive line.

When's the last time that happened?

Still worried. Always worried because depth is an issue on every team and one or two mis-steps can lead to a serious issue in a league where inches wins championships. 

So, worried still. If Icky still gets beat on occasion like he was against the Bucs in the 4th quarter of what was effectively a championship game, or Semi-Final, we are in trouble. If not, great. 

4 hours ago, Rags said:

You're telling me you don't miss the excitement of Byron Bell vs Nate Chandler? 

Yet we somehow managed to go 17-2 with them? That's the insane part. If not for the Broncos defense, who used and abused everyone that year, we would've been fine. But that defense had two future Hall of Fame pass rushers and Wade Phillips, a Hall of Fame coach as DC. 

30 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Yet we somehow managed to go 17-2 with them? That's the insane part. If not for the Broncos defense, who used and abused everyone that year, we would've been fine. But that defense had two future Hall of Fame pass rushers and Wade Phillips, a Hall of Fame coach as DC. 

Neither were on the 2015 roster.

Edited by csx
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, motocross_cat said:

To tell the truth, the only thing I'm worried about is that injury bug we can seem to get away from.

To be fair, we had impossibly good luck in terms of OL injury luck last year. Aside from that last game where Corbett tore his ACL, up until that point our starting OL didn't miss a SINGLE SNAP. That's unbelievably good luck and very improbable to be replicated. Hope guys like Zavala, Mays are ready to be called on if needed. Also, all the poo he got two years ago, Cam Erving is a solid reserve swing tackle. 

9 hours ago, thefuzz said:

First season for me that I'll support the Panthers with my money in some time.

Very long time.

I'm hoping to spend more time watching them this year, I honestly missed more games/quarters on TV over the past 3 seasons than in the previous 15 years prior combined.

It’s a lot nicer to mow the lawn or go for a walk and check the score routinely than be a die hard fan. I can never break away from my fandom but I’ve learned to have balance. 

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

It’s a lot nicer to mow the lawn or go for a walk and check the score routinely than be a die hard fan. I can never break away from my fandom but I’ve learned to have balance. 

No doubt about it.  There was a time where I was watching tons and tons of NFL games, pretty much watched every game, every week, all season.  I was a big Panthers fan, but also just a fan of the NFL.

Now?  Don't have the time, nor desire to sit through 15-20 hours of NFL per week.  I'll try to watch the Panthers, but if it looks fishy out there, and it ain't raining, from now on I'll likely be fishing and trying to catch up when I get home.

• Pie 3

The OL was already beasting with the lineup coming back from last year once whole again from the injuries - but the opportunity of developing Cade Mays and Zavala(sp?) In the meantime while our other guys heal?  The OL went from complete ass to possibly the strongest unit we've ever had in roughly 2 years time?