• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Chain Sub shop?

scpanther22

Best Chain Sub Shop?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Best chain sub restaurant?

• Firehouse Subs
    • Jersey Mikes
    • Jimmy Johns
    • Other
    • Subway(lol)

I had stopped going to Jersey Mike’s because every time I went in, they were out of bread. But lately they’ve been doing really good and I like their tuna. We have a Which Wich nearby and that’s pretty good except they always seem to heat it when I want it cold and give it cold when I want it hot. Subway makes me gag. 

For my family - Jersey Mikes.  Ours nearby is really good and my wife likes the GF bread.  I like Jimmy Johns, but they suck at the GF stuff for the wife.  Last one I had on a work day was meh, but we used to love JJs.

Honestly, it really depends on who works at the shop.  Our JM has great folks who do a good job.  The JM near my work sucks ass because people are lazy and don't care.  The Wich Witch at CCM is pretty meh as well.  OK, but I don't need to go back.

As far as the make your own: still spending your time and money.  I'm fine paying for convivence.

For my family - Jersey Mikes.  Ours nearby is really good and my wife likes the GF bread.  I like Jimmy Johns, but they suck at the GF stuff for the wife.  Last one I had on a work day was meh, but we used to love JJs.

Honestly, it really depends on who works at the shop.  Our JM has great folks who do a good job.  The JM near my work sucks ass because people are lazy and don't care.  The Wich Witch at CCM is pretty meh as well.  OK, but I don't need to go back.

As far as the make your own: still spending your time and money.  I'm fine paying for convivence.

My reason for choosing Jersey Mikes is their MONTH OF GIVING.  Pick your state,,  see the charities Jersey Mike is giving to.   https://www.jerseymikes.com/mog/charities   .

When you see  N C ,  you'll see one of the larger, or largest is the over $417,000 given to UNC Health Fitch Family Comprehensive Pediatric Rehabilitation  Program .  Jersey Mike has given over 1 million  dollars to this program.   North Carolina didn't have a pediatric rehab facility  when my grandson was hit by a car 2 years ago. He had to be transported to the Children Hospital of Atlanta for 9 weeks to help him recover from a traumatic brain injury when hit by an automobile in Chapel Hill NC .  So I thank all the patrons of Jersey Mikes .  On one day of the month, over 2500 Jersey Mikes give 100% to their charities.  

The good news is,, while my grandson is still dealing with some things others don't have to deal with in life, he is recovering and made his Little League All Star team, who won the N C Little League title this year in Franklin NC .  We have all just returned from the Southeast Regionals in Warner Robins Georgia where the teams journey ended in the double elimination tournament. It's a great ride for these 12 year old's.

Thanks Jersey Mike's for all the Charities you contribute to. Yes I eat there also.

Picture below is my grandson at bat Friday against SC little League. 

D54EFFB5-5FE1-4FFF-A5B9-E27D04DCFFB5.jpeg

Edited by OceanPanther
  • Pie 3