• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers Win the Superbowl This Year.....

Matthias

Should the Panthers win, in what spirit would you celebrate?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How will you celebrate?

• With a humble spirit (Grateful for the championship and party among friends) - Bryce viewpoint
    • With a boastful spirit (Bragging rights obtained, you let everyone in your grandmama know who the best team is) - Cam viewpoint

Before I get started with this topic, neither viewpoint should be seen in a negative light.  This is sports.  For player and fan alike, we celebrate our teams the way we celebrate.  Ain't nothing wrong with that!

I often think about the things players are saying about Bryce Young, and they all point out how his attitude is one of meekness, while still carrying an air of confidence.  Many of us have been Panthers fans for a long time, and more are coming aboard.  I often imagine what would be my reaction to a Superbowl victory?  Now, when I talk to fans from other teams, I always brag about my cats before the season, saying we will go 19-0 (prior to the extra game in the season) and 20-0 every year.  Yet personally during the season, if we got a big win against a team on any given Sunday, I don't cheese it up and brag about it much.  Perhaps one of the reasons for why is I know the Panthers could stink the joint up the next Sunday.  Then I would have to go in front of friends and explain myself over something I have no real impact on. LOL! (Of course fans in the stands have impact to a degree)  This was even true in years where we did well.  So all that in mind, I again wonder how I would react around everyone, friends, family, coworkers, and folks of opposing teams should our team take it all the way.  How would y'all react?

Again I think about Bryce Young.  No doubt for him to lead a team to a Superbowl as a rookie would be awesome!  It would also be historical, and would speak for itself on greatness.  Yet I imagine if all that came to pass, our guy would still wear the respectful hat.  Then I think about Cam.  Now please don't get me wrong, I am not speaking evil of Cam or criticizing him in any way.  Don't take it this way.  I'm just thinking on comparisons here.  That said, Cam let you know who the best was.  Particularly when he was dominating, and even as a rookie he was dominating at the QB position in ways not seen before and yet to be seen since.  He said himself he was a sore loser.  So he had a lot of pride in his abilities and his team.  It is a stark contrast from the early indications of how Bryce will be.  We are just like this as fans.  For me, when we win big, I don't play it up too much. (Though inside I'm ecstatic and jumping around)  For the next Panthers fan, they might throw it up and letting everyone know what time it is.  Both are valid expressions.  So here again and again and again, how will you respond to a Superbowl victory this year?  Or have you thought about how you would react?

Edited by Matthias

Now for those who don't believe we could win the Superbowl this year, let me try to convince you why it isn't farfetched.  For one, assuming things remain the same for the next 50 years, there will be a season where a team with a rookie starting QB, will win a Superbowl.  Well, why in the world can't that be us?  Haha!!!  In any case, this will be Bryce's only chance to do it in his career.  There's no such thing as a year 2 rookie.  Even if a player didn't play his rookie year, he wouldn't be called a rookie going forward.

Argument 2, our offensive line is our biggest strength.  Never have we had an offensive line with a combination of youth, experience, and talent.  You win games in the trenches, and I feel this line can go the distance.

3, We have one of the wisest group of coaches in the league this year.  You could call them sages if you want.  From offense to defense, you have guys who's had good success, and those successes have been recent.  So even though we have a rookie play caller, he has much wisdom to lean on.

I would also like to mention our defense is a solid bunch.  Provide our key guys remain healthy, they are ready to make noise.

Ultimately if Bryce catches a good rhythm, with this O-line, I believe a Superbowl is possible.  We aren't among the super teams in the league, but once you get into the dance of the playoffs, it becomes one game at a time.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

Other than a close friend who is a Saints fan Id be pretty low key to most folks.

But when the clock hit 00:00 on their SB my phone was ringing for him to brag and whenever I talked to him for the next 6 months he addressed me a "Loser"

That MF has got a truckload of harassment coming his way when we get ours.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1