• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Von Miller: The Panthers were the better team

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

That opening game in 2016 led me to send emails to newspapers, the commissioner etc etc

quite the optic to allow the reigning MVP to take vicious, launch hits to the head over and over again all the while talking about CTE 

Say what you will but Newton was never the same 

I pray for health in his old age 

I remember everyone in the room just silent every time he would get hit in the head. Like damn the refs didn't even attempt to reach for the flag. My mind was made up during that game there is no way they let us win this game.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:I remember everyone in the room just silent every time he would get hit in the head. Like damn the refs didn't even attempt to reach for the flag. My mind was made up during that game there is no way they let us win this game.

It made me sick to my stomach

rivera just stood there.  I know of no other top coach who would have stood there, stoically , as the player that made him a winner repeatedly got his head bashed in 

I had, and continue to have, no respect for him as a result 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

I agree 100%.  Funny coming from you, who went on and on about how that's just life in the NFL and if you lost, you deserved to lose with all of the other imperfections in your game.   Here you are still complaining about a game 7+ years later. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

lol.  Just take your L on how wrong you were about Matt Rhule and move on.  Quit bringing it back up.  Like all the Matt Rhule sucks threads, don't enter if you don't want to hear a comment on the subject. 

and no, the Super Bowl game where we got hosed on that many bad and impactful calls isn't the "ball bouncing the wrong way".  The ball does sometimes bounce your way or against you though.  

The league/officials put their hands clearly on the scales when it came to Payton's exist from the NFL and Cam attempting to take the reins.   

40 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I remember everyone in the room just silent every time he would get hit in the head. Like damn the refs didn't even attempt to reach for the flag. My mind was made up during that game there is no way they let us win this game.

I have a feeling we're going to have those calls (no calls) go our way with Young.  Bigger than life, arrogant and flashy vs small statue, humble and methodically conscientious.

Young's getting those calls.  Now whether or not he's carried out on a stretcher after those same hits is yet to be determined.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, panfanman said:

I have a feeling we're going to have those calls (no calls) go our way with Young.  Bigger than life, arrogant and flashy vs small statue, humble and methodically conscientious.

Young's getting those calls.  Now whether or not he's carried out on a stretcher after those same hits is yet to be determined.

Oh I agree 100%. Even though it will go to our advantage this time it still makes me sick to my stomach. Those idiot zebras are supposed to be objective. Not get mad that big balls Cam doesn't play the game the way you want him to. 

27 minutes ago, panfanman said:

So was our 1st Super Bowl.  Talk about royal choke. . .

Super Bowl 38 was no choke job, especially not given that we had an OC who redesigned an entirely different game plan at halftime.

Shula sure as hell couldn't do that.

• Pie 4

40 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol.  Just take your L on how wrong you were about Matt Rhule and move on.  Quit bringing it back up.  Like all the Matt Rhule sucks threads, don't enter if you don't want to hear a comment on the subject. 

and no, the Super Bowl game where we got hosed on that many bad and impactful calls isn't the "ball bouncing the wrong way".  The ball does sometimes bounce your way or against you though.  

The league/officials put their hands clearly on the scales when it came to Payton's exist from the NFL and Cam attempting to take the reins.   

Scramble scramble.  Your mental gymnastics are impressive only in your mind.  They're hilarious to the rest of the world. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

We got screwed by the refs.  You're still bitching about it 7 years later after preaching and preaching about how that just happens in the NFL and if you have any mistakes in your game, that's why you lost.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Please tell me again.  Why did we lose Superbowl 50?

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

It was called and he said he did it on purpose because the ball was inside the 3 already. That was when we scored the TD so he figured fug it, 1st and goal at the 3 yard line or 1.5 yard line is the same thing.

I still think that a healthy KB was sorely missed. He had zero issues week 1 against that same D and Talib and their secondary can’t toss him around like Ginn and Brown. I know KB went off the rails but it sucked not to have him there against that D.

I remember watching that game and wishing we still had Steve Smith Sr.  Him vs Talib in that one would have been interesting to say the least.  

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Scramble scramble.  Your mental gymnastics are impressive only in your mind.  They're hilarious to the rest of the world. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

We got screwed by the refs.  You're still bitching about it 7 years later after preaching and preaching about how that just happens in the NFL and if you have any mistakes in your game, that's why you lost.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Please tell me again.  Why did we lose Superbowl 50?

What the league essentially did with Cam Newton at his height......isn't equivalent to Matt Rhule  football lol.   

again, if you aren't interested in the board talking about clearly labeled topics? Don't click on them.  Interneting doesn't have to be that hard.  

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Interneting doesn't have to be that hard.

It does not. But you are talking to someone who shouted Joe Brady's name in their sleep yet went in here harder than anyone else on behalf of one of the worst NFL coaches in history named Matt Rhule.

Black Man Reaction GIF by Bernardson.com