• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday Night Preseason Games

Jackie Lee

A few thoughts reading through this thread…

-we picked the right QB.

-glad to see Holton Ahlers have some success, but he should try switching to TE/FB or prepare to be a QB in Canada.

-much like I consider Russell Wilson from Wisconsin bc that’s where he was drafted from and finished, I view Hurts from Oklahoma. I can see why the first schools would claim them, but they left and that shouldn’t be ignored.

-I know it’s early in their careers, but will the posters who were adamant we should take CJ over Bryce ever be able to admit their error?

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

A few thoughts reading through this thread…

-we picked the right QB.

-glad to see Holton Ahlers have some success, but he should try switching to TE/FB or prepare to be a QB in Canada.

-much like I consider Russell Wilson from Wisconsin bc that’s where he was drafted from and finished, I view Hurts from Oklahoma. I can see why the first schools would claim them, but they left and that shouldn’t be ignored.

-I know it’s early in their careers, but will the posters who were adamant we should take CJ over Bryce ever be able to admit their error?

I originally wanted Stroud over Young, but thought and still think both will have good careers. As soon as our staff picked Young I assumed he was the right choice. Between Caldwell, Reich, Brown, and McCown they have a lot of bright offensive minds. Based on what I’ve seen so far Young has confirmed why he was the right choice. It’s still insanely early in either player’s career, but it’s hard to argue against Young being the guy based on what we have all seen/heard so far.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

Early? It's the first week of preseason lol.

Whichever QB who went to Houston was going to face an uphill battle.

Folks need to learn to separate draft prospect discussions from a personal vendetta bc it's not healthy to carry this years from now which I can tell some of you might.

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Texans about to find out real soon why you need a Oline for a young QB.

Im so thankful we finally built a above average Oline. Bryce definitely has a better supporting cast than Stroud right now.

Texans were the worst team in the league last year and we were a few plays from making the playoffs (even after a horrible start with Rhule). We had a solid foundation out there for a rookie QB, AND THEN got busy AF in the offseason to build a damn near perfect scenario for him. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I originally wanted Stroud over Young, but thought and still think both will have good careers. As soon as our staff picked Young I assumed he was the right choice. Between Caldwell, Reich, Brown, and McCown they have a lot of bright offensive minds. Based on what I’ve seen so far Young has confirmed why he was the right choice. It’s still insanely early in either player’s career, but it’s hard to argue against Young being the guy based on what we have all seen/heard so far.

Same here.  But my concern for young is still valid

27 minutes ago, frankw said:

Early? It's the first week of preseason lol.

Whichever QB who went to Houston was going to face an uphill battle.

Folks need to learn to separate draft prospect discussions from a personal vendetta bc it's not healthy to carry this years from now which I can tell some of you might.

Agreed. Its not healthy There are setting themselves up really bad if bryce doesn't look the part in live bullets. The excuses will not help and they will make them. Both guys deserve some time before being dragged under a microscope in reality. What can you really determine off 4 passes in first pre season? It makes the comments sound way more trollish than reasonable analysis and thats funny comin from certain people.